Chapter Ten

The next morning went by in a bit of a blur. I avoided Harry at all cost by staying in my room. I waited until he left the apartment to use the bathroom. I made Sam bring my breakfast to my room. This all may seem excessive to some people in particular Sam, but to me this is entirely necessary. Examining that the flat is clear and safe to leave the compound of my room I make my way towards the front room. Sam Noah and Harry have all gone out for lunch so this is the perfect time for me to catch up with my mum I'd been avoiding her calls for the past couple of days.

It's nice to see my mums face, I didn't realise how much I missed her until this exact moment. I spend the next ten half an hour filling her in on my university experience so far, she attempts to slip in questions about Harry but I've been surprisingly good at dodging them so far. I hear the door slam shut expecting to see Sam, but a head of curly brown hair starts walking my way towards the sofa.

"Is that Harry let me speak to him please Ella I want to make sure he's settling in so I can let Cath know"

"Mum you're on facetime he can hear everything you're saying"

Harry instantly strides over to the sofa and flops down next to me, a little too close for comfort if you ask me. He grabs my phone and places it in front of his face so he can speak to my mum. I should be trying to concentrate on what Harry and my mum are talking about but all I can focus on is the fact mine and Harry's knees are touching and the uneasy feeling I'm getting in my stomach. I suddenly hear my mum scream, I break from my gaze and look towards my phone screen. Wait has she got tears in her eyes? What the fuck has Harry said for her to react like this?

"I am just so happy you two are friends again, I knew you two would sort it out eventually"

"Oh were not just friends Helen"

What the actual fuck is he doing? I turn my head to him and see a small smirk forming on his lips. This is a wind up, he's trying to get a rise out of me. He's scooped low to do this in front of my mother. Before either of us can say anything another familiar face pops up on the screen. As if by magic Harrys mum Cath starts waving very enthusiastically. My mums busy filling her in on the conversation so far when I nudge Harry's leg through trying not to make it obvious that I'm fuming.

"What the fuck are you doing" My jaw is aching through smiling and gritting my teeth

"Just giving your mum what she wants"

The whole time he's still smirking, what an arrogant prick.

"Oh I'm so glad your friends again, hopefully you'll be a good influence on Harry maybe he might even graduate from university now your back reminding him to study"

I see Harry wince slightly at his mother's words. I'm sure Harry would graduate with or without me he's clever guy whether he chooses to show it or not. Most of the time it was me asking for his help although he's never let anyone know that.

"Actually Cath Harry was just saying that there was more the story"

Thanks mum for reminding us all of what that shit said just to spite me.

Both of our mother's eyes light up with joy. I can see Harry gulp, I know he regrets his choice of words now that his mums at the other end of the line as well. His hand reaches to the back of his neck something he instantly does when he's nervous. His mannerisms have never changed.

"Well, you see urm"

The words come flying out of my mouth before my brain can tell my mouth to shut up.

"Were actually together"

My mum and Cath are smiling from ear to ear on the other end of the phone muttering a few 'it's about times' 'we knew this would happen' while Harry just sits at the side of my wide eyed and frozen.

Shit if I could take back what I just said I would a thousand times. But seeing how happy our parents are, I don't think I can. I'm too busy watching them to notice Harry's arm slip around my shoulder.

"Were so happy"

I can sense the sarcasm dripping off every word. Fuck I've pissed him off. What have I just got myself into?