Chapter Fourteen

The next morning I am awaken by a set of hazel brown eyes staring down at me. Startled by the sight of Harry I shoot up out of bed. Feeling slightly exposed in my cami top and shorts I grab my duvet and pull it up to my chest. I notice a steaming cup of tea in Harry's hands which instantly calms my nerves when he hands it over to me.

"Morning, drink your tea and get dressed we have to leave in 20 minutes"

I mutter a reply and drag myself out of bed. Noticing Sam isn't in her bed and the fact she went out last night means I should be able to grill her later. Deciding I don't have time to make too much effort with my appearance and with no clue to where I am going, I settle with jeans and a top with a bit of mascara on my eyes. Taking a quick glance at myself in the mirror and a quick brush of my hair accepting that this is the best I'm going to look with the minimal time I have I exit my room.

Harry's waiting for me outside of my door when I leave my room. He smiles at me allowing me to see his dimples, before he gestures me to walk past him out of the apartment. With me still none the wiser as to where we are going and with an uneasy feeling in my stomach I leave the apartment hoping I can trust Harry has good intentions for the day.

The taxi ride is silent with Harry obviously having no intention on telling me what he has planned for the day I decide to take in my surroundings on the journey to who knows where. We pull up next to a small alleyway outside a small building with boarded up windows. I I'd had known any better I'd say this was an abandoned building and if I'd have money to bet I'd say this is the place that Harry is going to carry out my untimely murder. He must have seen the pure fear shining out of my eyes as he laughs getting out of his side of the taxi. Abruptly my door opens with Harry smirking outside holding his hand out for me gesturing me to get out of the taxi. Hesitantly I unbuckle my seat belt looking over Harry/s shoulder once more at the run down building.

"Jesus Ella I'm not going to murder you"

I raise my eyebrows at him. How does he always know what I' thinking? I'm about to reply when he cuts me off.

"Just trust me alright?"

Hi eyes pleading with me to take his hand. So I do just that I take his hand as he leads me out of the taxi and into the run down building. The building was dimly lit, but packed with people. I was about to ask Harry what we were doing here when my eyes caught the words on the back wall. Escape Room was written in bold red letters. I've always wanted to go to one of these as growing up cluedo (clue) was my favourite game to play with Harry. A tall skinny man with a top hat calls our names and leads up to a room down a dark narrow corridor. Our story for the game was that we were at a dinner party where the host was murdered. Our task was to figure out who the killer was and escape from the house before the killer catches us. The first room we entered was the dining room.

"So Harry should you take one side of the room and I take the other?"

My mind instantly in game mode, determined to win.

"I think the key to this game is team work Elle"

I look up from the dining table to see Harry handing me our first clue which is a letter handwritten by the killer themselves. A screen appears in the corner of the room with a timer counting down we have one hour to escape.

It doesn't take us long to figure out our way into the next room. A hidden door behind a mirror on the wall leads us into the games room. We had also narrowed our suspects down to three possible people, with my mind set on the maid. The games room had a large snooker table in the middle of it. Harry instantly rushed over to it and started lining up the balls as if he was ready to play a game of snooker.

"Harry do I need to remind you that technically there's a killer on the way for us and we don't have time for a game of snooker"

Harry rolled his eyes at me continuing to play with the snooker table.

"Ella do I need to remind you were working as a team"

A click sounded in the room the balls on the table once placed in a certain way we used as a key to open the safe on the shelf next to the snooker table.

"See Ella maybe you should trust me"

This time it was my turn to roll my eyes. I grab the clue from the safe which leads to another key hidden in the room which we quickly find which leads us to our final room. Our final room is the library. On the wall there is a who done it poster with a question mark where the picture of the killer should be my guess is once the pictures placed there the escape door will open freeing us. All we had to do was find a picture. It all sounded way too simple. That's when the lights went out and we were left in darkness.

"I thought this would come in handy when I found it in the dining room whilst you were looking around for clues, I pocketed this"

Harry then pulls a flash light out of his pocket. Relief washes over me I wasn't ready to admit being in the dark was leaving me feeling physically sick from fear.

"I guess you do come in handy for something then"

I hear him laugh under his breath as he starts shining the light at the book shelf.

"I'll take that as a thanks for find the flashlight Harry you're my hero"

"Take it however you want let's just figure out how to get out of here"

I hear Harry step closer to me from behind as I scan the books on the shelf with the light shining down on them. He presses his chest against my back. Hi arm moves brushing against my waist as he reaches us for one of the books about housekeeping. I notice a piece of paper behind where the book lived on the shelf. My hand rests on top of Harrys as I reach back for the paper. Harry rests his head against my shoulder in order to get a better look of the paper. I unfold the paper to find a photo of killer inside it's the maid. I turn around to face Harry. My back now pressed against the book case as our chests are pressed up against each other I underestimated how close we actually were when I turned around. The timer still counting down five minutes left.

"Would you like the honour of getting us out of this room Harry?"

I hold out the piece of paper next to his hand. The light still shining on my face, he's probably trying to read if I'm uncomfortable in our position. Even if I was which I'm not I wouldn't show it.

"I'd rather just stay like this if I'm being honest"

I furrow my eyebrows. I can slightly make out his face in the darkness as the light is shining on me not him. He looks confused from what I can make out. I can see his face getting closer to mine. My legs begin to slightly shake from nerves as I try to comprehend what's happening. The flash light goes out. I hear him place it down on the shelf next to me head. His hand tucks my hair behind my ear and then he rests it on the side of my face.

"Harry what are you doing?"

My words come out as barely a whisper. I feel his breath on my lips as I sense him edging forward.

"Just trust me okay"

I slowly nod my head, trying to sense how close our lips now are. I didn't have to wonder long though because the next second his lips were on mine.