Chapter Seventeen

The next week passes by with minimal drama. I haven't seen Harry much with him filling his spare time working at the student bar from what I assume anyway. My days/evenings off haven't been so lonely though as I've been spending as much time as I can with Zac.

The more time I spend with Zac the more I'm starting to like him, well at least I think I am. I can't help but keep replaying the kiss between me and Harry over and over again in my head. I haven't kissed Zac yet but I need to soon if only to try to erase the memory of my kiss with Harry. It may be a selfish reason but so far it's my only reason, as all I can see in Zac is a friend because that stupid kiss is clouding my judgment.

Tonight there is a huge Halloween party in a club in town. My plan was to stay in and watch scary movies but Sam insisted that I go to the party. I held my ground that I was going to stay in for a good hour until she wore me down. What can I say, I'm easily swayed. With no money to afford a proper Halloween costume my white dress laced up white heels and a halo headband from the corner shop is about as good as I'm going to get. Sam was ecstatic with my choice as outfit as she was in a red dress with her signature knee high boots and a devil's horn headband. I was the angel and she was the devil.

Noah and Harry had left the apartment earlier to meet up some friends for drinks before going to the party. They were both dressed as zombies, well I assume that's what they were supposed to be with their shirts ripped and blood on their faces. Me and Sam however decided to have drinks whilst getting ready we'd happily drank a bottle of wine between us keeping us merry as we make our way to the night club.

The night club was packed by the time we got there. Sam had gone to find Harry and Noah while I went to get us some drinks. I'm about to text Sam to see where everyone is when I feel a hand on my waist.

"Need some help Ella"

Harry is stood behind me. With his dark brown hair all messed up and blood all over his face.

"Urm yeah sure will you grab these"

I hand him two plastic cups of vodka and coke and I carry the other two as he leads me to the booth as the back of the club. The tables full with Sam, Noah, Zac, a few lads I recognise from the party in fresher's week and two girls I have never seen before. I give Sam her drink looking around for anywhere to sit but there isn't a space. I can see the two girls I don't know looking me up and down out of the corner of my eye but I pay no attention to them, I'm here for a good night not to argue.

Harry walks over to the girls whispering something to the girl with short black hair. I can hear her giggling from where I'm stood. Sam grabs my arm and tells the table were going to the toilets before I can even comprehend what's going on.

"Sam I don't need the toilet we just got here"

Sam stops dragging me in the little hallway outside the toilets. It's quiet enough for us to speak to each other but we can still hear the music playing from the DJ booth.

"Ella I don't need the toilet either I just needed to get you away from that table before you murder the girl Harrys talking to"

"Sam what are you on about I'm not going to murder a girl for talking to Harry, Harry can talk to whoever he likes I don't care"

Sam's smirking at me as I drink the rest of my vodka and coke. She may have dragged me all the way here but there was no chance I was leaving my drink at the table.

"Maybe you should tell your face that Elle because it has jealously written all over it"

"No it doesn't Sam you're delusional"

"Mate you're going to turn physically green from it"

"Very funny"

I roll my eyes at Sam as she starts laughing.

"Now we've established that I'm not going to kill anyone tonight can we go get another drink and have a good night?"

"Come on Elle I'll get the shots, tonight it's my turn to carry you home"

I start laughing as Sam walks over to the shot girl walking around the dance floor selling syringes filled with different flavoured sour shots. We did have intentions on going back to the table but then again you can't go on the dance floor and not dance. The shot girl stayed quite close to us for the next hour as she must have sensed we were going to be her best customers. After deciding enough is enough both needing to sit down to rest our feet we stumble back to the booth.

My head turns sober quite quickly as when I approach the booth I see Harry with one of the girls on his knees in the middle of a passionate kiss. My heart sinks a little further.