Prologue

October 31st, 1981. Potter Home, Godric's Hollow. General third POV.

A lone man kicked open the gate to the Potter family house and approached the front door, a sinister grin on his face. He blasted open the front door with a simple "aberto".

"Lily! Take Harry and go! I'll hold him off!" James shouted to his wife as he drew his wand to face the lone man. Lily took off up the stairs to the nursery.

The lone man smirked a sinister smirk before shouting "Avada Kedavra!"

James Potter fell to the ground, his wand falling from his hand. His eyes fogged over and his face froze in terror.

The lone man strode up the stairs after Lily and the baby, a menacing twinkle in his too blue eyes. He cast "aberto" after "aberto" on the doors and his smirk grew more menacing with every step.

Lily placed Harry down in his crib, tucking his stuffed animals around his little form and smiling as his magic reached out and held the animals close to him. She smiled at her son and his six stuffed animals. A stag and matching doe, a shaggy black dog and a blonde wolf, and a Black Mamba and a miniature Basilisk. 

The door to the nursery was blasted open by an "aberto" and the lone man stood there, a sinister smirk on his face and a menacing twinkle in his too blue eyes that gave him a more terrifying appearance.

"Step aside girl. There's no need for you to die as well. That'd be a waste of a perfectly good life, that could be used for the betterment of the wizarding world."

She glared at the lone man. "Never! I'll never join your cause!" She shook her head. "You're not who we-"

The lone man silenced her with an "Avada Kedavra" and tsked. "You poor insolent girl. You could have been great. We could have been great together." He stepped over Lily Potter's slowly cooling body to peer over the side of the crib. He sneered at the little bundle and raised his wand for the third time that night. "You're just a blip on the radar. A nothing that's about to be lost to the cosmos." He sneered and flicked his wrist. "Avada Kedavra."

What followed was the strangest thing. A golden barrier appeared over the crib and protected the child from the spell. The spell rebounded into the ceiling, causing it to crumble down around them.

The lone man apparated away with a loud pop.

That was how Rubeus Hagrid found the house and the boy. He tried to pick up only the boy, but couldn't seem to do that so he picked up the boy and his stuffed animals. They went to the motorbike and rode to Surry.

October 31st, 1981. Number 4, Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey. General third POV.

A tabby cat was sitting on the garden wall outside the house owned by Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, staring at the corner.

A man appeared on the corner the cat had been watching, appeared so suddenly and silently you'd have thought he'd just popped out of the ground. The cat's tail twitched and its eyes narrowed.

Nothing like this man had ever been seen on Privet Drive. He was tall, thin, and very old, judging by the silver of his hair and beard, which were both long enough to tuck into his belt. He was wearing long robes, a purple cloak that swept the ground, and high-heeled, buckled boots. His blue eyes were light, bright, and sparkling behind half-moon spectacles and his nose was very long and crooked, as though it had been broken at least twice. This man's name was Albus Dumbledore.

Albus Dumbledore smiled at the tabby cat, who turned back into a rather stern-looking woman. The woman wore emerald-green robes with a very delicately embroidered pattern that was nearly indiscernible from a distance. The woman looked at Albus with a faint smile, that only those very close to her knew was fake.