Gryffindor and Slytherin, Fighting as One

A/N:

|words| is Gobbledegook, which makes a return in this chapter. I'm very sorry it's been so long since it was last updated.

Anywho, let's get on with the chapter.

September 27th, 1991. Great Hall, Hogwarts Castle. 7:30 AM.

In the ten days since the debacle in Charms, Draco and Neville had been lulling Ronald Billius Weasley into a false sense of security. They hadn't done anything against him in retaliation for his behavior towards their best friend. However, their plan would begin today.

Breakfast had started as normally as possible, with breakfast foods appearing on the tables and tired children filling their plates. At the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables, the middle two, the students simply filled their plates and ate their breakfast.

However, the older students at the Gryffindor table, the table between the left wall and the Hufflepuff table, had their eyes glued on the doors waiting for one of their first year Lions. Ron, ever the oblivious prat, walked into the Great Hall flanked by Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnegan. The three first-year Gryffindors walked in the Great Hall talking about what they were going to be learning that day in DADA.

Fred and George, ever the moral members of the Weasley family, simply glared at their little brother until Percy came over and swatted both of them on the back of the head. "Family rivalries are best kept in the family home."

George looked at Percy, his eyes boring into his older brother. He absentmindedly wrapped an arm around Fred before absentmindedly placing a hand on Lee Jordan's shoulder. "We wouldn't let a family rivalry get in the way of our classes."

"We would, however, willingly make ickle Ronniekin's life horrid for being a right prat to someone who's done nothing to him." Fred crossed his arms over his chest before he looked from Percy to Harry Potter, who was sat between his best friends and across from their latest additions into their friend group. "We're not doing this alone."

George looked around at the people on either side of them, waving his fingers through the air in a manner which to anyone else had no meaning but erected a simple barrier around them to continue talking to Percy. "We were asked to help. And we'd rather risk Mother's wrath than the wrath of Gringotts. Are you in or are you out?"

Percy glanced over at Harry, noticing the way the first-year Ravenclaw seemed to be hiding in his friends' sides. He looked back to his younger brothers and their best friend, seeing the way they were supporting each other, and suddenly his mind was made up. "If we're going to do this, we're going to have to be smart about it. I'll owl Charlie and Bill for suggestions."

September 27th, 1991. Great Hall, Hogwarts. 12:15 PM.

The three elder Weasley boys strode into the Great Hall, while Lee Jordan and Penelope Clearwater flanked the trio. Displayed proudly where Percy and Penelope normally wore their Prefect badges were buttons of their own design. The buttons read "Down with Prats" when they turned towards the Gryffindor table but, as soon as they turned towards any other table they read "Potter for Minister".

"Actually," Harry commented from where he sat at the Ravenclaw table between his two best friends, "I'm technically a member of the goblin nation so I can't be Minister but I can be an Ambassador between the goblin nation and the Wizarding World."

Draco and Neville let out snickers before the looked over their black-haired friend's head. "You'd be a wonderful Ambassador Lord Potter, however, I believe the Wizengamot would prefer you not to have a 'real job'."

Neville smiled at his two friends before looking at the five upper years. "Nice buttons." He looked at his two friends and shook his head. "|Maybe your parents would let you run for Minister when we're older.|"

Harry looked into Neville's honey gold eyes and smiled. "|They would never let me run for Minister. And I don't want to be Minister.|" He shrugged before looking at the older Weasleys. "Thank you for your support."

Fred nodded with a smile on his face. "Of course-"

"-anything to mess with-" George continued, a matching smile on his face.

"-ickle Ronniekins." Percy finished with a smirk on his face. He looked over his shoulder at Penelope and Lee and nodded. "You can pass out the buttons."

Every single Slytherin had a button which they proudly wore, while the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws simply wore buttons that proclaimed "Potter for Minister". All of the buttons were simple dark gray backgrounds with white gold lettering.

The Professors, sat at the high table, simply watched the exchange with an array of expressions. Professors Flitwick and Sprout were confused as to why members of their houses would be wearing buttons calling for a first-year to be the Minister. Professor McGonagall looked out over the tables with a stern frown on her face, she didn't quite know why her older Lions were consorting with Filius's first-year Eagles but she was going to get to the bottom of it. Professor Snape simply stared at his Snakes, wondering why they were consorting with Minerva's Lions. Professors Vector, Sinistra, Kettleburn, Trelawney, and Babbling simply continued their conversation, glancing over at the students before going back to their conversation. Professors Binns and Quirrell simply ignored the students, as long as the students didn't disrupt their lessons they didn't care. Madame Hooch and Hagrid were simply enjoying their breakfast and had yet to notice the commotion the boys were making.

September 27th, 1991. Great Hall, Hogwarts. 5:00 PM.

Every single student at Hogwarts, except Ron, Seamus, and Dean, were wearing buttons that proclaimed either "Down with Prats" or  "Potter for Minister". Some professors, like McGonagall and Snape, were at their wit's end with the buttons and the fight they seemed to be propelling.

Professor McGonagall stood up in front of the high table, her eyes looking out over the student body and sighed. "Will those of you not wearing a button please stand up?" She waited while Ron, Dean, and Seamus stood up from where they sat at the end of the Gryffindor table. "Can one of you sitting down explain why you're wearing the buttons?"

Lee Jordan stood up from his seat at the Slytherin table with a smirk on his face. "We're protesting prats everywhere and we believe Harry Potter would make an amazing Minister."

A/N

I know it's been forever, but, I hope you enjoy this chapter.