Quarter Quell

Percy laughed as he watched the T.V. skip around scenes of Katniss's speeches at each District. He was initially worried about her family as well as Gale's while she was gone, but he had it from a reliable source that they were fine. Well, the reliability of the source was a bit iffy, but when it came to things like that Leo was pretty accurate. He may be a very eccentric person, but he had some kind of inferiority complex that didn't allow him to mess up when it came to other people's lives.

For some reason, he felt like the worth of his life was negligible when compared to others. Percy definitely didn't understand that at all. What a foreign concept.

Anyways, Leo told him that Varius had come and taken them to District 13. Percy was impressed. Her perfect planning and calculated actions were causing absolute chaos in the Capitol. She had been using his death to get the Capitol citizens on her side, and President Snow couldn't do anything to her while the Capitol still loved her so much.

More importantly, he most certainly couldn't attack her when even the military was supporting her. At least, that's the way Percy saw it. In reality, they were incredibly supportive of Percy himself, and they were unbelievably frustrated when he died. They couldn't really blame the Capitol for that since he had thrown himself headfirst into a battle to protect other tributes when the entire point of the Hunger Games was to kill all tributes except one.

However, they were still upset enough about it to support Katniss and Gale over President Snow. They weren't stupid; the military knew that they were the only hold that Snow had over the Districts. The Districts themselves couldn't rise up because of the military, but the Snow had nothing in place to protect from an uprising in the military itself.

So, she got away with everything she did and said over the entire tour. The entire country was in a state of anarchy. In District 12, the people had a relatively good relationship with the Peacekeepers. They allowed Katniss and Gale's poaching because they knew it was necessary for survival, and they only enforced to law to keep order, not to intentionally harm or kill citizens.

Other than District 11, the other districts were mostly the same. The Peacekeepers enforced the law, but they got along with the citizens enough to not kill them for fun. District 11 was different. Percy knew that was where he was going to start; when they finally got new weapons and tried to execute a bunch of citizens in retribution for their humiliation, Percy was going to strike. He hadn't killed anyone yet, but after seeing District 11 first-hand, he wasn't going to avoid it during his liberation of the district. Even among Peacekeepers, the ones sent there were the nastiest of the bunch. Their reputation was so bad that Percy wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the Peacekeeping force turned a blind eye when they got massacred.

Percy and his mini army were slowly getting in position to strike at District 11 when the Quarter Quell was announced. Percy tried to prepare himself for the worst, ready for the Capitol to get back at Katniss through some horrible modification to kill even more innocent children in even more brutal ways. Unfortunately, Percy was in no way ready for the solution that they came up with. 

He sat numbly in his seat, panicking internally as his friends exchanged worried glances. The tributes would be picked from the existing pool of victors this year. In District 12, that meant Katniss and Haymitch. In the other districts Percy was sure they would be rigged to choose anyone who openly supported Katniss, which meant Finnick was likely to get chosen as well. Percy's panick stemmed from what he knew Katniss must be feeling at that moment, but he knew he had to get in. Most would kill to escape the fate that was just handed to them, but Percy was going to stop at nothing to get himself into that arena. 

He turned to Finnick. "So... Mags."

"What?" Finnick asked, looking confused. 

"Well, we're still able to volunteer if you're a victor, right? I'm sure that Annie is going to get chosen."