Chapter 2

After eating Bella and Tom had made their way to their new home. If was the first they had been to the house since entering mystic falls. 

"Do we even have anything in side the house?" Bella questioned as they walked up to the front door. 

"I'm pretty sure everything needs tossed out." Tom said with a scowl. "No one has been here since...my freshman year in high school" he said as he unlocked the door and walked in. 

Bella sighed a little and walked into the house behind him. They entered the living room first. The furniture was all covered up in plastic. Bella glanced around and saw that everything was coated with dust.  

"maybe we should have came here before going to town" 

Tom and Bella quickly turned and tensed up seeing Alaric standing there in the door way leaning up against it. 

"Alaric?!" Bella said in surprise. 

"eh, Try again" Alaric said as he stepped into the house and walked up to them. 

"Klaus" Tom muttered to him self. Alaric,no, Klaus looked over at him and raised an eyebrow. 

"How much longer are you going to keep up that disguise...Marie" Klaus asked. Tom/Marie, flinched at the question. 

"as long as i have to" Tom/Marie replied hesitantly while looking a little nervously. "Honestly i would rather not have the male population constantly hounding me" Tom/Marie replied watching as Klaus sat down on a table beside a chair. "but if you want me to..." Tom/Marie trailed off. looking hesitant. 

"hm, wait until after the full moon." Klaus said thoughtfully before turning his gaze on Bella who tensed up.

"K-Klaus I" Bella stammered out, however she was cut off. 

"First off, Im not going to sit here and listen to your rambling, second you are going to tell me the truth, all of it" Klaus said sharply while glaring at her. Bella flinched and squirmed a little under the intense stare. even if it wasn't his own body, Klaus still was terrifying when he wanted to be.

Bella forced her self to calm down and took a breath. "I couldn't let Micheal use me lure you out." Bella replied looking up at him with a pleading look hoping that he would believe her. She saw him tense up at the name. 

"Micheal?" Klaus questioned staring at her watching for any signs of her lying. 

"He found me, he had friends. He was going to use me to get to you, He said that, if he hurt me you would come after him and he would kill you" Bella explained, not once moving. As he walked away from her, she felt as if she could breath again. 

"will he never leave me be" Klaus muttered to him self. 

"if it is any consolation...he is locked in a crypt right now" Tom said staring at the ground in thought. "Should i put carpet in here?" he added as an after thought. 

Bella looked over at him with a 'are you serious right now?' look. 

"nah, blood always ruins carpets and wood stains, tile or marble on the other hand" Klaus said offhandedly. 

Bella felt the blood drain from her face at the mention of blood. Klaus smirked at the look on her face. 

"what's wrong love, haven't gotten over your fear of blood?" He asked. 

"I-I do not fear blood, It's...something else completely." Bella replied quickly. she reddened a little seeing Tom staring at her questioningly. "later" she grumbled. 

"you still have my stone do you not?" Klaus asked looking back over at Bella. 

"yes" She replied automatically. 

"good, then we shall talk about what to do with you later." Klaus said as he stood up.

"what to do with her?" Tom questioned looking over at Klaus slightly tense. 

"well you cant expect me to not do anything, she did run after all, and keeping secrets isn't very nice" Klaus replied as if it was the most obvious thing int he world. 

"I would be more fearful if you didnt" Bella spoke up  as she glanced over at Tom. He had a thoughtful expression. she momentarily wondered what it was that he was thinking about so much, but she shook it off and turned her attention back to Klaus as he started speaking again. 

"now, you are, technically speaking, still school age. i want you to start immediately." Klaus said watching her. 

"Wha-School?" Bella exclaimed looking horrified, but seeing the look that he was giving her she bowed her head. "of course i will" she added quickly.

"good, Marie...or Tom i take it you've talked to your sheriff friend?" Klaus asked. Tom gave a nod. 

"yes, she wasn't too happy about it, but she agreed to help with any clean up that is needed, as well as try and keep everyone in compliance" Tom replied. 

"Great, now the doppelganger goes to the school that Bella will be going to, and it just so happens that the person who's body i am using is the history teacher" Klaus said with a slight smirk. 

"how long have you...been him?" Bella questioned looking over at him. 

"not long, I plan to get back to my real self soon, but i need to figure out everything that is going on around here first" Klaus replied. 

"Great, I am Damon's little sister, He wouldn't suspect me of giving out information," Bella explained.

"And Liz is on our side, as long as Care is safe" Tom explained. Seeing Klaus look over at him with a questioning look. "Caroline, it's her daughter....my god daughter" he explained. 

"Care?" Klaus questioned. Tom gave a shrug. 

"it's shorter" Tom replied in his defense. 

"alright, 'Care' is safe" Klaus said a little sarcastically. 

"do you have the wolf and the vampire?" Bella quickly turned the conversation back to the planning. 

"no, but you and Marie will have them by the time we are ready to break the spell." Klaus replied as if it was no big deal. 

Bella gave a nod and fell silent after that.

"well if that is everything. i will leave you too it, oh i may switch base, just giving a heads up" Klaus said as he glanced around the room and smirked looking over at them before walking out of the house. 

Tom and Bella looked over at each other. 

"you didn't tell me he knew about you" Bella said. 

"yeah well...now you know" Tom grumbled. "apparently it wont be for very much longer," he added. "i don't see why he would want me to give up the only thing keeping me safe from those...disgusting males. its not like he is interested" he/she added. 

Bella watched Tom with an amused look on her face. "oh give it up, you totally like him" she said teasingly. 

Tom gave her an affronted look.  "that isn't what we are talking about!" Tom snapped looking annoyed. 

"you didn't deny it!" Bella said in a sing-song voice. 

"Don't make me slap you" Tom growled as he stormed up the stairs angrily. Bella giggled a little and then looked around with a slightly depressed look. 

"well damn, guess i have to clean all this. i so don't want to know what klaus is planning" Bella said to her self with a slight whine to her tone.