Chapter Two: Burn to a Cinder

Days, weeks, months, a year passed. Each night you met with Dio in the library, sometimes you would play music or sing for him. Sometimes, the two of you would just sit in silence. Other times, you would talk with him for hours until the sun came up.

The two of you grew rather close, and one night, he revealed his true intentions to you.

"Dio?" You questioned after several long moments of silence. "Why do you hate JoJo so much?"

Dio sighed. "Same reason as you do, I suppose." He turned to you. "Same reason you've been putting laxatives in JoJo's tea every Monday."

Your eyes widened. "You knew about that?"

"Of course I did, you aren't as sneaky as you think you are." He chuckled. "But in all seriousness, what is your goal?"

"My goal?"

"Of course. Your goal in life. I'm positive you don't intend on being a maid for all your life."

"I would rather die." You mumbled.

"I wouldn't rather you wouldn't. I enjoy having you around." He took your hand.

You blushed, slightly embarrassed that he had actually heard you. You gazed into his eyes, "I want nothing more than to be draped in the finest riches life has to offer. I want to bathe in the wealth that the Joestars have. I want power, I want young men to lust over me and turn away from God at my refusal. I want to sit upon an ebony throne, dripping with diamonds and jewels." Your voice began to tremble with passion as it lowered to a little more than a whisper. "And I want the one man I've ever loved to be there, by my side for eternity."

"I would ask for nothing more, my dear." His face was rather close to yours.

Your cheeks burned. "Dio.."

He leaned in and softly touched his lips to yours. You graciously accepted his advance and moved a hand to his chest as he wrapped an arm about your waist. Breathlessly, you gripped his shirt more forcefully as he deepened the kiss. His strong hand gripped your arm tightly, no doubt leaving behind a few bruises. However you didn't care, you belonged to nobody but him, and wished the world to know that. As the hand on your waist travelled south toward your rear, you could feel him pressing your pelvis into his, drawing your attention to the prominent bulge between his legs. This, no doubt, caused you to further soak through your panties, yearning for more. As you gained confidence and began to trail your hand from his chest to his stomach, then from his stomach to...

He stopped and pulled away abruptly. "I apologize. That was out of line for me." He smoothed his hair back and turned away.

"Wait.. Dio.." You called, and to your surprise, he actually did stop.

"(Y/N), I understand now. You will be the one to help me take down the Joestars." He turned back around to face you and fell to his knees, clasping your hand. "We will build a better future, for the both of us, together. Will you swear yourself to me, as I swear myself to you?" Dio whispered.

"I would cross heaven and earth to follow you, Dio."

He rose and walked towards the fire, picking up a blunt fire poker. "Come, my dear."

You approached him, somehow understanding what he intended to do.

He stripped his thin shirt off, revealing the muscular chest underneath. Rotating the poker around the fire several times, he handed the cool end to you and gripped a nearby chair. "Do it." He said through gritted teeth.

You gathered your courage and pressed the glowing iron between his shoulder blades, burning a long mark along his back. He grunted in pain and sucked some air in through his teeth.

It was your turn.

He helped you to unbutton the back of your maid's uniform and expose the soft skin beneath. Brandishing the iron, he gripped your hand and placed the hot end to the same place that you had done to him.

You wailed in pain, but he clamped a hand over your mouth. Heavy tears began to flow, and he cast aside the iron to hold you to his chest.

"It's alright.." he soothed you as the pain faded. "Now, we cannot ever be apart, no matter how far away we are." He wiped a tear away from your cheek with his thumb.

"I'll never let them stake you down." You whispered.

Now, the two of you shared the same mark. He was yours, and you belonged to him.