Chapter Three: Bloody Angel

The day had finally come. Dio had graduated from college with a degree in law, and the two of you had thus far succeeded in the slow poisoning of Mr. Joestar.

Dio had instructed that you be the only one to bring tea to Mr. Joestar, as he had grown quite sickly, and must have limited exposure to more people that could make him sick. Of course, only the two of you knew this was bullshit, and it was all so you could poison the drink in peace.

Unfortunately, things had gone rather awry, and Jonathan discovered Dio's intentions, though still had no idea of your involvement.

Dio instructed you to behave normally until he returned.

And when he finally did, JoJo had a plan for him.

Anxiety coursed through your veins. There was no way you could warn Dio without giving yourself away.

You could always disobey him.. but no. You trusted Dio, and knew he had a plan. You bit your tongue as the man known as Speedwagon grilled Dio on being 'a man thick with the stench of a liar'. You balled up your hands, nails digging into your palms enough to draw blood.

The massive curtain was pulled away to show that you (among other servants) had been listening to the whole confrontation, along with Mr. Joestar.

To your surprise, Dio's eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"Jojo, please, I want you to be the one to cuff me." Dio held out his wrists. "Please... brother..."

At this, you knew he had something up his sleeve. You kept to the shadows of the room as his eyes met yours.

"Jojo... I thank you..." Dio smirked as he produced that strange stone mask that had hung on the wall for as long as you could remember. "I am casting aside my humanity, Jojo!!!"

He produced a knife and thrust it at Jonathan's abdomen. You gasped softly, what was he doing?? How would we ever get the inheritance now?

In your panic, you failed to notice George Joestar leaping in front of his son, taking the full force of the knife into his body.

"Father!!!!" Jojo cried.

Dio chuckled as he placed the mask on his face and smeared it with blood.

"Fire!!" the chief of police commanded, and the officers raised their guns at Dio.

"No!!!" You shrieked as they filled Dio's body with holes.

He collapsed to the ground, bleeding.

You ran to him and cradled him in your arms, adrenaline coursing through your body. On the verge of a breakdown, you suddenly noticed he was breathing.

Checking for a pulse and realizing there was none, you struggled to puzzle out what was going on.

"Dio?" you whispered softly

"Shhh..." he squeezed your hand. He stood quietly and gathered you in his arms. "Don't scream." He whispered as he jumped almost 20 feet in the air.

You clamped a hand over your mouth to stop yourself from wailing out. The two of you perched on the rooftop of the mansion as Dio explained that he has ascended humanity, and now had the abilities of a god.

"..And you will too." He finished as he handed you the mask.

"W..Will it hurt?" you asked.

"Yes. But I know you aren't afraid of pain." He caressed your cheek. "Your beauty will grace this earth until the end of time."

"As you wish." You placed the mask on your face and he swiped some of his blood across it. Stone tentacles pierced into your head and you fell backwards into his arms.

Darkness. Your heart stopped beating. Your senses dulled. Your vision gone.

Then..

Eternal life. Power courses through your body.

You sat up and removed the mask.

Dio grinned a power hungry and lustful smile.

"Come, bloody angel, break off your chains and look what I found in the dirt..." He helped you to stand.

Pale, battered body seems like she was struggling, something is wrong..

You lost consciousness.

Fierce, bloody angel the blood is on your hands, why have you come to this world?