one

『 S E O U L — 2 0 1 9 』

🥀

Staring at my reflection through the human-size mirror, my heart ached at the filthy view. Filled with disappointment and disgust, I was not able to hold back my tears. For a few minutes, I kept on staring, silently crying.

The memories of the past night were killing me. My once loving and affectionate husband turned into a monster, and I could do nothing about it.

My body made me want to vomit. Fat rolls, big stomach, even bigger arms, stretch marks all over, cellulite on my thighs and ass ; he was right. No one could ever love anything about me. I was a walking nightmare myself, the embodiment of ugliness and uselessness. I should be thankful to him, he loved me enough to keep me by his side despite my disgusting physical appearance. Although he had a rude way of showing it, I knew he cared about me and for that, I could never afford to lost him.

"(Y/n)?" A faint knock on the door could be heard. "Baby, open the door. Please."

The sound of his voice made my whole body tense. He was back. I hadn't saw him since last night, after he went to his friends' house to spend the night and let me rest alone. I had locked myself in the bedroom as soon as he left, wishing I'd never be bothered again.

"I brought some pastries for breakfast. How about you let me in so we could talk and eat together?"

Holding back my tears, I quickly wiped the liquid stains on my cheeks with the back of my hand. I then walked to the door, unlocking it as slow as possible. Jaehyun was standing in front of me, bag of pastries in one hand and a flower bouquet in the other one. Instantly, I sighed in relief and broke down in tears as he opened his arms so I could hug him. I missed him.