A Time Together

My eyes started to flutter open as I yawned. I scratched the back of my head exhaustingly and got out of bed. My small feet instantly met with the cold floor. I yawned once again as I opened the door to my bedroom and my eyes slowly popped open as I was greeted with a delicious smell. I quickly walked out of my room and walked towards the kitchen to see Henry cooking.

Except the only problem is... our kitchenette was a huge mess. Flour was all over the place making it seem like we were in a huge winter wonderland. A small pile of what seemed like yogurt on the counter and orange juice that was just chilling there beside the pool of yogurt. "Henry what are you doing?" I giggled as I ran to his side and grabbed the bag of flour that he was just about to drop alongside with his crutches. "I'm just trying to make breakfast!" He sighed as I shook my head at his adorableness.

"Okay first of all. It'll basically be impossible with you to do it alone in your crutches and second of all, if you want to make breakfast. Let me help you." I sighed as I turned around and flipped a pancake that was already frying. "Okay, okay." He sighed as he turned around to face the other side of the kitchen. I bit my bottom lip secretly as I tried my best to not scream out the two words that are forbidden in this situation.

But imagine the excitement on his face if I do say it. His huge toothy smile and dimples that'll be showing. And he'll possibly even be-

"Charlotte the pancakes!" He yelled taking me out of my trans. I flinched and looked at him and back at the pan to see the pancakes slightly burning. I panicked not knowing what to do as my mind suddenly went blank. Suddenly smoke started to form and I quickly reacted. With no hesitation I grabbed the pan and threw the pancake in our nearest trash can. As I finished I sighed as relief washed over me.

I looked back up at Henry too see him biting his bottom lip holding back a pit of laughter. I started laughing hysterically as he did the same. "Okay, okay maybe we need each other instead." I chuckled as his laughter started to die down. "Yeah. But first..." he paused and reached his hand in the flour bag taking out a huge handful of flower. My eyes went big as I knew what was coming next. "Henry you better not-"

I paused as he dumbed the whole bag of flower on top of my head. "HENRY YOU LITTLE RAT!" I yelled wiping off the flower that went in my eyes. I sucked my teeth as I watched him laughing hysterically. I quickly ran to the fridge and picked out the egg carton. I opened it and picked out a fresh white shiny egg.

Henry was too busy laughing and didn't see me aiming the egg right at him. As I threw it, his eyes were fixed on the egg before he quickly moved and dodged it. "W-what!? How did you-"

"I fight crime babe. A little egg isn't even comparable to what I've experienced." He started as I rolled my eyes and walked next to him placing the egg carton on the counter. "I guess you're right." I sighed as I examined my powdery pyjamas. "Oh Henry. I have a little surprise for you!" I remembered as his face lit up.

You know the face that you could stare at forever with no problem whatsoever? Yeah. He was making that face. "Really? Is it for my bir-"

"So you remember how Ray interrupted us on our first date?" I asked not wanting him to finish that sentence. "Umm.. yeah I remember." He replied his face dropped slightly. I ignored the slight guilt that washed over me and continued talking. "Okay so later today it's gonna be my turn to take you out somewhere." I smirked as he nodded his head distractingly.

I breathed out feeling guilty until an idea came to me. I unsuspiciously grabbed an egg and snaked around him hugging him from the side. "Hey Henry?"