Chapter 3 Part 2

"Okay Zero, where's tha' ship?" Jax asked.

"It's on landing platform A." 

They navigated through the maze of hallways packed with recruits chatting away and hanging out. Every time an officer walked by they made sure to lower their heads so their patrol caps would obscure their face. They didn't take any chances. So far their plan was working. 

"Hey look!" Mag pointed. Zero and Jax followed where she was pointing, through a window they saw a landing pad. Visible only by the giant light posts illuminating the concrete walkways and paths. As well as the massive landing platforms capable of unloading not just cargo ships, but cruisers also.

"The ship must be close by. Let's keep moving." 

Zero said. As they walked through a set of doors they entered a massive recreational room, to their left was a room with a basketball court in it. To their right was a massive television screen covering the wall, with couches and chairs littering the ground in front of it. The recruits were watching a movie on the big screen. They continued walking along the clean tiled floor and passed a snack bar where many recruits had different pastries and foods to choose from. After what felt like forever they managed to exit the room through another pair of sliding doors.

An announcement was heard over the PA system which blared the message throughout the base. They paid no attention and kept walking down the near silent hall, as they passed a group of recruits Mag overheard their conversation.

"You hear about whats going on back home?" One asked the others.

"Yea, my mom says they're going protesting tonight. Told me I'm joining a corrupt military, and reinforcing oppression in the galaxy."

"Those protesters are a joke, I mean no offense man, but come on. It was only what... Seven... Eight million dead? Those savages got what they deserved, remember what Sarge says."

"A good Type is a dead Type, yes I know, but still. You gotta feel bad for the way they went... Corralled like animals into holding cells only to be mowed down by machine guns. Where's the honor in that."

They reached the next pair of doors and walked through, those last words stuck with Mag though.

Where's the honor in that.

That recruit was right, there was no honor in what they did. If only they knew the many other creative ways the Blackwatch murdered the Types. The lockers around them started to shake, some even being ripped open. Zero quickly grabbed Mag by the shoulders and brought her close

"Hey, hey! Calm down, okay... Just calm down."

It worked, he could tell by the lockers slowly coming to a rest. Mag looked up at him with a tear in her eye,

"I'm sorry, they where talking about-."

"The Genocide, I know. Its okay, just... Focus okay? Focus."

Jax looked at her with wide eyes,

"Don't piss her off, got it."

They neared another set of doors and found themselves in a gigantic atrium. Looking over the barrier the group saw that this structure went down another twenty stories. Walkways lined the outskirts of the room leaving the center completely open all the way down to the bottom.

"This is their barrack. Or at least one of them." Jax pointed to the different rooms.

"Is this a military base or a resort, cus' the evidence is saying it's the latter." Zero half joked. His voice echoed across the impressive structure, which was eerily quiet; apart from the occasionally door closing, or squeaky footsteps on another level. Most everyone was outside having fun. Until they heard a familiar voice.