Chapter 6

Jax opened his eyes and looked around. He was in a hospital room, looking to his injured hand he saw it was covered by a blanket. After attempting to move his other hand, he realized he was strapped to the bed. "What?" He thought "Why would they tie me to the bed!"

"Because, you are dangerous." A voice called from the doorway. Jax looked to see a mysterious figure. It seemed by design that the remarkable looking lady blended with the neutral walls that surrounded her. She appeared gentle and fierce, and mysterious and familiar at the same time. She was an intriguing elderly woman who was filled with troubling contradictions that were also captivating. Upon closer inspection Jax saw she was an aged woman, with tan skin and long dark hair. Clothed in a beige dress.

"Who is that?" Jax wondered. The woman walked into the room,

"I can hear your thoughts Jaxon Browning Davis. I am Quora, nice to meet you."
Jax began tugging on his restraints,

"No! No it's you! You're the one who sent me here in the first place." He was yelling now, but the mysterious woman remained calm.

"That was a different Titan. A Void  Titan to be exact, just like myself."

"You... You know about him?" Jax couldn't believe it, he finally found someone else who understood.

"Yes Jax, I understand you were sent through space and time. However I am not here to lecture you the science's behind it, your human brain couldn't handle it."

"Then what are you here for?" 

"To correct your path Jax."

"My what now?"

Quora raised her hand, following her motion all of the lights in the room cut out. As well as the electronic devices and holographic screens. Then her hand moved towards Jax as she spoke a strange phrase,

"Karum!"

Her voice boomed in the medium sized medical room, louder than any human could possibly speak. Jax almost freaked out as his body started to glow in the darkness.

"Hey... Hey! What are you doing to me?" Desperately he tried to rip out of his restraints. However Quora waved her hand at him a second time and his skin no longer glowed. 

"You have the Omega Mark, fascinating." Quora moved closer and pulled down Jax' shirt to reveal a glowing Omega symbol on his left shoulder.

"I... Don't remember getting that tattoo."

"Because it was never revealed to you, with my prayer I have activated it. It will glow when the forces of the Void are nearby."

She waved another hand and the lights returned, coincidentally the Mark faded to look like a normal tattoo. 

"Quora"

"Yes Jax?"

"Who sent me here, and why?"

"The Void's Chosen, although, sending you here was the last thing he did."

Jax leaned up in his seat,

"What? You mean he died sending me through time. Little ol' me? A kid from Texas."

Quora nodded and again pointed to his Mark.

"So what killed him? Heart attack? Was I too powerful for him?" 

"No Jax, I'm afraid it's much worse than that. The Void's next Chosen, a much stronger and deadlier entity. In fact me being here is incredibly risky, if he so much as senses my presence I will have nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. He has already done an incredible job of making my fellow Titans go extinct. Our great race is nothing but faint memories.