Chapter 22- The 'Bet'

Dedicated to ImNotAfraid2! Thanks for reading this far!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 22- The 'Bet'

            "How about neither?" Porscha spat as she strutted to our table. Madeleine, who was next to her, effortlessly tossed her brown hair over her shoulder as she took her spot as Porscha's right hand girl.

            Cleo narrowed her dark brown eyes at them. "Do you mind?" she retorted. "This is an A and B conversation, so C yourself out." She rolled her eyes at them before turning back to me.

            "Wow, that was so clever," Porscha sneered sarcastically. I decided to ignore her.

            "I'm not sur-" I managed to get out before I was interrupted.

            "Don't ignore us," Madeleine snapped, slamming her hands on the table.

            "Why not? All the boys do," I spat, making sure to look her directly in the eye. I saw both of their faces start to heat up as the other people in Gelatino's, the ice cream shop we were in, started to look at us.

            "Now shoo," Cleo smirked, shooing them with her hands.

            Porscha's face turned different shades of red as she tried to calm herself. "Listen up and listen good. Stay away from both Cameron and Will. I'm done playing games," she threatened.

            "It's about to get dangerous," Madeleine added as they sauntered off.

            Cleo furrowed her eyebrows, but then rolled her eyes. "Whoa, we've got some badasses over here."

            I laughed at her joke. "What are they gonna do? Glare me to death?" I said imitating their glare in a stupid way. That caused Cleo to burst into a fit of laughter and earned me a smoldering glare Porscha and Madeleine. I rolled my eyes, a smile still playing on my lips. "Let's get out of here."

            "Alright, Lola, but you still have to answer my questionne," she said in a semi-Spanish accent.

            When we pulled up to the mansion, I noticed my dad's car parked directly in front of the house. They weren't meant to be back until tomorrow and they never parked there.

            I walked into the living room to see my dad, Kristen and my grandmother in deep conversation. They all turned to face me when I walked in.

            "What's going on?" I asked.

            "Ah Jadelynn. You've finally decided to grace us with your presence!" Kristen snapped.

            "What's that supposed to mean?" I retorted with just as much venom.

            "Don't speak to your stepmother like that young lady! I've had it with you! Do you know why we're back early from our little vacation?!" he barked.

            "No, but I'd like to know," I snapped.

            "The police called me informing me that you were in a pub! You are underage! How does that make us look?! Not only that, but you were impersonating someone named Lola Marquese?!"

            "I was helping the police catch a gang leader!"

            "Enough fables Jadelynn! I can't-"