;001; Blood Sweat and Tears

//This story contains supernatural elements.//

‘Jimin was running desperately, Jeongguk was chasing after him. The maze seemed unlimited, wild, untamed and endless. Where was he? Why was he running? It took him a couple of deadly slow seconds to know the reason. Jeongguk was going to kill him.

The rain was falling hard, he was drenched in cold water. The more he ran, the more he was sure he was going to end up dead.

“Taehyung!!” He screamed, and echo of his voice sounded back like replying back to him. He felt so cold. Another lightning hit up the tree in front of him, and he fell down to the ground. There was a wall in front of him. There was no escape.

There was the echoes of boots walking slowly behind him. Jimin tried to move, but he couldn't budge an inch. He was drenched in the rain, in the voice of the droplets hitting his skin. He was drenched in cold sweat, of fear and desperation. So much fear he could smell it on himself.

The silhouette stood upon him, there was a gun in his hand, and he walked a few steps, and got down on his feet to sit next to his body, that didn't want to cooperate with him, that refused to move. The dread coursed down his blood, the fear made him totally paralyzed.

“Did you really think you could run away from me, huh?” The ruthless husky voice above him said, hunkering down and putting the gun on his forehead. “So funny. I hope you had fun in our little game of 'Run and Hide'. It stalled on long enough.”

“Puh- please.. Don't kill Taehyung, please.” Jimin's voice seemed strange to his own ears, too foreign, too desperate, too weird. He didn't recognize the desperation in his own voice, that he was sure showed up in every feature on his face.

Jimin didn't care about his life, Jeongguk could kill him if he wanted, but he didn't want Taehyung to die. He'll give his life for the mere chance of him surviving the monster pointing a gun against his forehead.

“But baby, he is already dead.” Jeongguk whispered, his voice five notches lower. “I killed him too. But I'm not going to kill you. I'll just hurt you real bad.”

Jimin didn't know how his body suddenly repulsed, like hit by electricity, how he stood up and put his hands around Jeongguk's neck, how he put so much pressure Jeongguk's face turned blue.

“You son of a bitch! HOW COULD YOU KILL HIM! I ALREADY SAID YOU COULD KILL ME!” The gun fell from Jeongguk's hand, and Jimin took a couple of seconds to notice Jeongguk wasn't breathing anymore.

He fell down lifelessly, and Jimin hunkered down in fear, once again.

“Jeongguk! BITCH ARE YOU DEAD?? YOU BASTARD!” Jimin was slapping him, he needed to wake up. The whole organisation will be after him and after Taehyung if that bitch died. “Wake up! Look at me! Gosh I didn't mean to kill you! Jeongguk?”

Jimin sat down again, and he started crying. There under the rain, he became a murderer. Was Taehyung really dead? No that couldn't be true. Ghosts were so hard to kill. Maybe there was a chance he was alive. But to know, he needed to leave this gigantic maze, and he didn't know how.

He stood up, clothes drenched in water, the thunder echoing in his ears, louder than ever. He needed to leave somehow, but someone grabbed his foot.

“All I wanted from you was for you to love me.” Jeongguk said, his voice barely above a whisper, it was obvious he was in so much pain. “But you left me for a ghost. I'll never forgive you.”

The last thing Jimin felt was a knife being pushed inside his guts. He saw the crimson blood gushing out of his skin. Great, now he was drenched in blood too, and he began to cry. He fell down again, holding the open wound with both his hands. He was drowning in blood, sweat, rain and tears.

Jeongguk surely wasn't going to go down alone, he needed to bring him down with him. He felt nothing but pain, all power left his body, as endless tears escaped his closed eyelids as he put his head back on the ground. He knew he'd never wake up again. But at least... At the very least, he was going to meet Taehyung in heaven.’

Jimin woke up, drenched in cold sweat. It was the same dream as forever. His hair was getting more red with each time he slept, with each time he dreamt the same dream. And it always felt so real, he almost still felt the knife in his guts, the raindrops on his cold body, Jeongguk's face above his, his breaths falling warmly against his skin.

But who was Taehyung? He never knew. Why was he trying to protect him? Why did it matter if he died? Why Jeongguk wanted to kill him?

He didn't know but he was sure of one thing. It will happen. His dreams always came true. That fact made him so scared. If he just could change what will happen, but knowing didn't necessarily mean he could do anything at all. It was just like a warning, telling him to prepare himself for the worst.

How real was time? Will it ever come to an end? Where does the difference between the past and the future comes from? Why do we remember the past but not the future?

These were the questions he asked himself when he was young.

Until one day... He could remember the future too.

15.10.19