4. Time flies.. or not

It has been almost 251 years since I became commander of Chaos's army.

I lay on my bed and remember the first time I arrived at Chaos's palace.

We had a long talk about the job.

He showed me my room. Which changed to my likings. And it looked a lot like the cabin I had at camp.

So it was a room with a fresh scent of the ocean.
The walls were white with a tint of blue. The blue colors moved like water.
And my bed (a waterbed of course) was the most comfortable thing in the world.
There was a fireplace and a lounge room.

As Chaos had prommised he had gone to mom and Paul. I wrote a letter to them. Telling them I needed some time away from camp. Chaos had told me they understood.

Then he went to the underworld. He asked the people I listed to join the army. Four of the people on the list didn't take the job.
They are happy so how could I blame them.

Luckily Selina, Beckendorf, Zoë, Luke and Bianca did accept.

Leo probably didn't want to come.
Since Chaos didn't bring him back with the others.

And yes I did want Luke there. He was my friend, and a great swordsman.

Luke even made it second in command, Zoë was third and Beckendorf fourth, Silena fifth and Bianca sixth.
But that's just in case things get really bad. But Chaos told me that I could never be too careful.

We all needed a code name.
A name which would hide our identities and names we would call in the battlefield.

I chose the name commander Omega.
Which is the last letter of the greek alphabet.
It also means the last, or final nature of something. And it was the last time I was being used by the gods and start to live my own life.

Luke was known for lieutenant Alpha
Before English speakers came to use it to describe the most dominant person (or animal) in a group, they were using it in reference to the first letter of the Greek alphabet, or in contrast with the word omega to mean "the first; beginning." Which it was for him.

Selina was now known as Fox.
It has a couple meanings. It means being crafty, beautiful and tricking and outwitting others. With her charmspeak ability it is quite fitting. She is also our spy sometimes.

Beckendorf is called Forge.
As he is still the best man to go to for new weapons. He is still spending a lot of time in the forge. Which makes him the muscles in the team.

Zoë chose to be Huntress.
She told us she is still a huntress in her heart.
Even though I could swear she was dating a guy a couple decades ago. And it took a long time for her to accept the guys in the team.
But it wouldn't be the same without her.

And Bianca wanted to be Angel.
In honour of her family name. Di Angelo.
And others always told her she was an angel. Unless you knew her well. She was all about pranks and getting herself in trouble.

I know every name of my soldiers.
I try my best to keep up with them. Talk to them. And getting to know them. But around 800 soldiers is a lot.

For those who I specifically wanted in my army are my best friends here.

The first couple of years it was some getting used to each other.
But now we are inseparable.

And we are also Chaos's Elite team.
We were sent on the most dangerous missions.

Over the years Chaos became like a father to us.
We pranked him. A lot. And he would get us back everytime. We hung out if we had spare time. Which was not often.

I liked my new life.

Going on missions with my friends.
Training.
Leading an army of 800 soldiers into battles.
Doing fun things with friends.

I loved everything about it.

But then of course something had to go wrong.

Because as I was called to a urgent meeting with my team. I was last to arive. Which was usually the case.
I sat down in my seat and Chaos looked at me like the was going to tell me bad news.

"I promised you that you would never have to go back there unless you told me you were ready to." He looked at me and I knew exactly what he meant.

This is not just bad news.
This was straight up the worst news ever.
"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Quite serious. You know I would never have asked all of you if it wasn't this important." He responded calmly looking at each and every one of us.
They all understood immediately.

"I know." I sighed and sat back down. "So.. How much did the gods screw up this time ?" I ask sarcastically.

"Well.. Surprisingly.. This time it wasn't their fault." Chaos said quite impressed.

"So what is the problem, or who?" Luke asks.

"That is the part why I wanted to send you down there. They are growing strong and need to be stopped." Chaos says with an urgent tone.

"Who has to be stopped ?" Zoë asks. She hates it when this happens and people won't just tell her what is happening.

"All of them." Chaos says looking up at us.
"The giants, maybe even the Titans. The worst monsters of tartaurus. Most of them are now working with Nyx. She has been trying to contact another primordial, he gave me a heads up. But Nyx.. she has weakened the gods. They were almost forced out of Olympus."

I could feel my heart pounding fast in my chest.
I couldn't believe it.
After everything I did. It didn't matter. They all returned. Even after everything I sacrificed to keep them away.

"Wait. Isn't Nyx your daughter?" Zoë asks.

Chaos nods looking sadly at us.
"She is. Among Gaea and Tartaurus." Chaos says.

"There is more. Isn't there ?" Selina asked quitely.

Chaos looked at me.
"Even though 251 years has past here. It has barely 2 years on earth. Everyone you know will still be there." Chaos says.

I ball my fist and close my eyes.
This is probably one of the worst days of my life. And believe me when I say.. I have had some pretty bad days in the past 251 years.
"When do you want us to leave?" I ask.