16. At the lake

Luke's point of view:

"Are you sure?" Bianca asks.

No. I dont. But if we don't do this.. I dont even want to think about it (which I am).
But as second in command am I the one that has to make though choices when Percy is gone.
Or in this case dying.

I think the others saw my doubt.

How does Percy do this.
He never shows doubt or hesitation.

"It is the only thing we can do. If we do nothing.. He'll die." Beckendorf says.

"Okay. This is the plan. Selina, do you think you can charmspeak everyone in camp?" I ask looking at my friends.

"I think so. It'll take a couple minutes. But yes. What do you want me to tell them?" She asks determined.

"Tell them to get back to their cabins. Tell them they don't have to worry. But that they need to rest for an hour. We don't want unwanted visitors. Meet us back here after everyone is inside." I tell her. She nods.

"Zoë, Chiron. I think I'm going to need a bit of help." Selina says looking at Zoë and Chrion.

"Sure. Call us if you need help." Zoë says to me. I nod and the girls and Chiron rush towards the campers.

"Bianca. I think we're going to need Nico." I say.

"On it." She says running off not asking if Percy would be mad if he knew.

"So what are we going to do?" Beckendorf asks looking at Percy.

"Grab some of the nectar Chaos gave us before we left. He is going to need it." I say.

Beckendorf leaves me and I look at Percy.
He looks very bad. His wound seems to look worse.

He mumbles something.
His eyes slowely try to open.

"Pain.." He mumbles. He closes his eyes again and a tear rolls down his face.

His breathing begins to become more labored.

"Don't you dare die on me. You hear me idiot!" I say. "You need to stay with us. We need you. We all do."

A couple seconds later two figures step out of the shadows.
It's Bianca with her brother. Nico Di Angelo.

I don't know Nico very well. He came to camp when I was.. away. Percy told me a lot about him. He never seemed angry with Nico.
Probably because he was the only one that wanted him to stay.

When Nico walks closer to the pool the little color in his face fades. He looks at Percy with big eyes. He runs forwards.

"Percy?! It was.. But.. Why didn't he.." He seemed lost for words. Then he quickly pulled himself together. "Okay. How can I help?" He asks.

I must say I'm impressed. He looks at me and I almost can't believe he is related to Bianca.

This kid radiates darkness wherever he goes. Bianca only does that when she is really angry.

"Can you shadowtravel us including Beckendorf, Zoë, Selina and Chiron to the lake?" I ask him.

A little smile appeared on his face. "That is no problem. When do we leave." He asks.
Percy once told me he shadowtraveled the Athena Parthenos. So this would probably be easy for him.

"As soon as the campers are in their cabins." I tell him.

Beckendorf comes back with the girls and Chrion.

We carefully get Percy out of the water. Which results in Percy having a lot of pain. He grunts and his breath quickened.

The water of the pool turned weird. Like a storm is happening inside the cabin. I think it reacts on Percy's pain.