11. Time for training

I was standing there.

Everything I thought for the last 250 years were wrong.

They didn't hate me.
They didn't ignore me on their own free will.

He made them.
He forced me out of camp out of jealousy.

Jason let's him go and looks shocked.

'Percy?' Luke asks through the mind link.

I turn around and walk away. Some campers look at me. Probably wondering why I am leaving.

But if I don't it won't end well.
I have learned a lot about myself in all those years.

But as I am heading towards the cabin I feel a shadow clouding camp. I hear a voice laughing. And I am not the only one.

I see other demigods looking around. Wondering where the laugh is comming from.

"It's her." Matthew says looking around.

I ball my fist and feel the anger rising.
I turn around and lift him up by his shirt with one arm.

"Who are you talking about?" I hiss at him.

"I don't know. She gave me the idea of charmspeaking. Sometimes I hear her voice." Matthew says looking around.

I let him fall on the ground and summon my sword.
"Who are you?" I ask.

"We will meet soon enough brave hero." She says with a smooth voice.

Then her presence disappeared. The shadow disappeared.

I put my sword away and turn towards my team. We are forming a small group among the other demigods that are standing filled with shock and confusion.

"We need to prepare them for war. They need to be trained." I tell my team.

"We can hear you." Frank says with his arms crossed.

"Good. Training starts in 30 minutes. Don't be late." I tell the campers.

"Why should we listen to you? We have fought battles before." Piper asks.

"Then you can prove it during training." I say turning around and heading towards the cabin.

Once inside I take of my mask and hood.
I sit down at the fireplace and rub my face.

My friends walk in and I pull myself together. Sort of.

"Percy? I know it is a stupid question. But are you okay?" Bianca asks.

"Yeah... Just a lot on my mind." I say. I stand up and face them.

"Are you telling them? " Beckendorf asks.

"It's not the right moment for me. I need to focus on the battle. Training the campers." I say.

"Okay. But please talk to us if you need to." Selina says.

I nod. I know they mean it. But I don't want to bother them with my problems.

"But first. Training. Luke, you are going to train sword fighting. Beckendorf, you are going to make sure your siblings have a grip on the production of the weapons. We are going to need them. Zoë, archery. Bianca and Selina, you are going to train them on one on one fighting." I order.

They nod. "What are you going to do?" Luke asks.

"I am going to make a plan. And report to Chaos." I say. "You should get started with the preparations."

They give me a questioning look but head out.
I take a breath and concentrate.

Then Chaos appears in my mind.
Dressed in a dark suit as always.
He looks at me with a smile.

"Percy. Good to see you. I am bored. What's up." He says.

"A lot. Things are so messed up here." I say tiredly.

"Well. Start at the beginning then."

I explained everything. He listened carefully and didn't interrupt.

"Hmm.. So that Matthew kid was the problem all this time?" He asks kinda angry.

"Yeah. I don't know what to do with him. But the campers will take care of that. Besides I have a plan to make." I tell him.

"Yeah. And I think you are right. Nyx could be behind this. Please be careful." He says.

And with that he disappears. I open my eyes an head out.
As I am walking to the big house I decide to stop at the training.

My friends are doing well.
Luke used to train before the war with Kronos. So he is familiar with everything.

Selina and Bianca form a great team. Demonstrating techniques on each other. And giving tips at the campers as they practice.

Zoë is training a group with archery. She also shows how you could use a bow as a weapon when you run out of arrows.

And I am not surprised to see beckendorf working among his siblings without a hood and mask. He is laughing while talking to Leo.

I am so happy to see Leo here. I always thought he blamed me for his death and didn't want to join me.

I notice I have only seen Hazel an Piper at training with Selina and Bianca. Leo with Beckendorf. And Frank with Luke.

Where are Annabeth and Jason?

I sigh and walk to the big house.

Surprised to see them there sitting at a tennis table with Nico. I am gladd to see them again. They are with all the other head councils.
They look up and stare at me.

"How did you know we were here?" Clarise asks agitated.

"I didn't know you were here." I say.

"Why would you come here if you didn't know we would be here?" Annabeth asks.

"Because I need to make a plan." I say.

"You are welcome to join us." Chiron says from his wheelchair. "I am Chiron."

"I know. I used to come here as a camper." I say while taking a seat. Ignoring the looks of the council.

"Really?" He asks.

"Yep. Now. What have you come up with?" I ask ignoring the looks of everyone.

"Not much. We don't even know who we are fighting." Nico says.

"Nyx." I say looking at the map of camp.

"Nyx? But she is in Tartaurus." Annabeth says.

"She was. Along with Gaea and the giants." I say. I could feel the despair from them.

"Impossible." Jason says. "We defeated them. This.. this must be a mistake."

"I wish but Chaos confirmed it. We are sure nyx is trying to get them out of there. But we know for sure Nyx is." I say.

"Then how can we make sure she doesn't free them out of Tartaurus?" Will asks.

He is sitting next to Nico. Nico looks at him and quickly looks away when he realized he was staring.

"That is what I wanted go figure out." I say.

"Then we better get started." Chiron says.