Chapter2: Misunderstanding

Supergirl had flown to the waterfront arriving mere seconds after the Flash did. She had spied the red blur as she heard the sounds of gunfire and knew she was heading in the right direction. She was surprised at the giant shark she saw attacking police and the man in the red suit mercilessly. For a brief moment she observed the man she heard being called the Flash as he threw a lightning bolt and marveled at his speed thinking he may even be faster than her or Clark. But in the next instant, she knew she had to intervene as the shark thing has the Flash in a choke hold. She could hear his labored breathing and had no doubts that if she didn't help, he would die.

On the ground the police ceased firing as Flash was unable to move and King Shark was now using him effectively as a human shield while still strangling the hero. Kara flew in at super-speed, her heat vision hitting the shark in the chest to distract him long enough for her to land a massive punch that sounded like thunder across the water. Fortunately they were far enough inland that her punch knocked King Shark to the concrete as his fist opened and the Flash fell to the ground as well. Barry was still catching his breath as he looked up and saw the burns on the shark's body. Remembering the previous victim, he got back to his feet and was running around the new arrival as fast as his battered body would move.

"It was you! You're the one going around killing meta-humans! For what? What did we ever do to you? You know what, it doesn't matter! You won't kill anyone else!"

Kara kept track with her eyesight as the Flash continued to increase his speed. Soon enough he was moving so fast that a vortex of wind and lightning engulfed them just from his momentum. She knew he wasn't trying to kill her, just incapacitate her long enough so he could get answers. She also knew that he had misunderstood her intentions and that she was there to help. When she'd finally had enough, she used a trick she had learned from Clark in their training and unleashed her arctic breath, creating a patch of ice where she had anticipated his next footstep would fall. Barry immediately hit the patch of ice and skidded down the dock, his back hitting a police car.

His scream of pain instantly had Kara worried that she had severely hurt him as she ran over to where he was laying. Every officer immediately trained their guns on her, not knowing if she was friend or foe, even though she had taken King Shark down. She has been Supergirl now for nearly a year, but she still has some trouble controlling her powers when agitated.

"Miss, please step away from the Flash. We don't know who you are, but leave him alone and we won't hurt you."

"Officer, this man is hurt, and it's my fault. I promise I won't hurt him further. I'm going to take him to get medical attention. Please let me leave."

Kara easily scooped Barry up in her arms, intending to fly towards this Star Labs she had heard about. If they had facilities anything like the D.E.O. they would be able to help him. As she slowly flew up, a gun went off and a bullet hit her back, harmlessly falling to the ground below her.

"That was a warning shot. Once again, put the Flash down and we won't open fire."

Kara sighed, lowering back down to the ground and setting Barry on his feet. He was a little shaky at first, but his quick healing thanks to his powers had him feeling better in a few short minutes. Though she was cooperating, the police still had their guns trained on her.

"Now, we appreciate you helping with King Shark, but you're still going to have to answer some questions. First off, how did you do what you did...and just who are you anyway?"