Chapter 28: Engagement Party

Cisco breached himself and Winn back to Star Labs after the hour and a half that it took to clean Barry’s kitchen. They only had to wash the dishes but both felt bad for interrupting the couple’s continued reunion so they cleaned everything. Back at Star, Alex had already departed for National City but left Caitlin with a message for Winn that she talked with J’onn and he could stay for the engagement party. But with strict orders that after it was over he was needed back at the D.E.O. With that condition in play, Cisco then opened a breach to Star City for himself, Caitlin and Winn. Harry agreed to stay behind at the labs to monitor for potential threats.

Felicity was mapping out space in her apartment for the party when Oliver arrived with Digg, Thea, Laurel and Sara. The five of them could tell that she was stressing over this party and not having enough room for all of the potential guests that would be showing up. Cisco’s breach into her apartment in the next moment only served to add to the headache she was already developing.

“You could have called first to let us know you were coming Cisco!”

“What, you said the party was this afternoon…I thought we should get here early to help.”

“Your help would be appreciated, and I see you brought Caitlin with you. Who’s this other guy?”

“Oh Felicity, this is Winn Schott, he’s Kara’s best friend.”

“Hi…”

“So what do you do Winn? How do you know Kara?”

“Oh we worked at Cat Co. Media together before I went to work for the D.E.O. So we still work together, not to brag…but I designed her Supergirl uniform.”

“I see…you’re Kara’s Cisco or Oliver’s me. Looks like our little tech support group is growing Cisco.”

“And that’s a good thing, Felicity. So where are we with the party planning?”

“Stuck…I’m not sure my apartment is going to hold all of these guests. How many people are coming aside from Team Arrow?”

“Well you’ve got the three of us…Kara’s sister can’t seem to make it. And they had a small engagement party already for Barry and Kara on Christmas Day. Iris is potentially coming, and she’s been out of town again, so…and Harry said his daughter Jesse would be coming from Earth-2, her powers have been fluctuating according to her father, she wants to ask Barry for help.”

“Who, Cisco?”

“Oh yeah, you guys never met Jesse Wells. Barry saved her life from Zoom last year.”

“Okay, so that’s five of you, with John, Thea, Laurel, Sara, Oliver, Curtis and me we’ve got twelve potentially and two others; some guy named Dick Grayson and his wife Barbara Gordon-Grayson, don’t think I’ve met them yet.”

“Barbara and Dick know Kara and through her Barry. I got in contact with them, Felicity. Both said they didn’t want to miss the party.”

“Okay Cisco, first off how did you get in contact with them, and how do they know Kara?”

“I borrowed Kara’s phone when she wasn’t looking. And trust me; taking Supergirl’s phone wasn’t an easy task. As for the how they know Kara, her cousin Clark knows Bruce Wayne, who knows Barbara’s father. So…”