Chapter 16: The Future Flash

Barry had offered to go with Kara to Gotham and while she had wanted him to come, she felt that there would still be too much tension between him and Batman. Given that they had just decided to take their relationship to the next level and actually started using the terms boyfriend and girlfriend, she promised she would call him and keep him updated on Clark’s status. While sitting in the Bat-cave by Clark’s side, she couldn’t help but be impressed by what Batman had managed to create with the yellow sun lamps. With nothing else to do, she first set Barry’s ringtone as Accidentally in Love since it was the song they sang together. She then spent the rest of the time talking to Clark. Though he was unconscious, she still hoped he could hear her.

When Barry got back to Central City, his first stop was naturally Star Labs. As she had promised, Felicity had sent everything she could find on Cadmus to Cisco and Caitlin. She had also sent along a note from Oliver letting Barry know that if he needed any help, he just had to call. On his third day back Barry, Cisco and Harry are going over the information when they receive a meta-human alert.

“Allen, we’ve got a new meta-human tearing up down-town.”

“Do we have a read on powers?”

“Working on it Barry…, whoa, she just threw three police cars into the river. Has to be some form of magnetism.”

“I’m on my way.”

Barry took off to confront the new meta-human girl, hoping that her appearance would have some sort of tie to their ongoing case and Cadmus. Caitlin had joined Cisco and Harry as they immediately began searching databases for her identity.

“Guys…what are we looking at?”

“Her powers are definitely magnetic Barry…”

“Then how do I stop her? I can’t keep dodging cars forever!”

Barry could see the girl through the magnetic field she had surrounding her. She appeared to be no older than fifteen or sixteen. She was screaming at the police before using her powers to direct their bullets back at them. While this was a new danger, it had taken her focus away from him so he could create a cyclone to stop the bullets. While doing that, Caitlin came back with an answer.

“Barry, her name is Frances Kane, sometimes goes by Frankie. Her powers didn’t come entirely from the particle accelerator. Says here that she’s been moved from foster home to foster home for the past ten years…”

“Then I can relate to her on that…”

“Hang on Barry, not all of the homes she lived in were good…the last one she was in she suffered a lot of verbal abuse…nurses say she developed a split personality.”

Barry knew then this situation just went from bad to worse. He could potentially empathize with the girl on the foster home, but he had to get close enough to talk to her which meant he had to start dodging cars again. This was also dependent on Frankie being in charge and not another identity. When he found an opening he made his move.

“Frankie!”

Barry’s scream caught her attention, but her eyes were filled with anger when she turned to face him. She could see the red suit, the lightning bolt and instantly knew who he was. His presence there caused her to scream out in rage again.