Arms

The moment you regained consciousness, you were staring at the ceiling with a blank stare. It took you a few moments to remember the events before you blacked out and sat up with a start. Your eyes darted around the room and at the left corner, the shadow monster was still there. You screamed and threw your pillow at it only to have the pillow pass right through it.

Syn sighed and frowned. This wasn't really how the first meeting was to play out. Preferably, Syn wanted you to accept him and cuddle with him at every night, but you can't have everything you want, can you?

"Wait! Let's talk!" Syn raises his arms up in surrender and you freaked out as it spoke. You were so terrified that you hadn't noticed you were still naked until you caught the monster staring at your body and your curves. You gasped and made a futile attempt to cover your body with your arms, but there was only so much you could cover. Basically, you were cornered and there was no way you could reach your phone on the other side of the room in time. Neither could you quickly put on clothes and run out—there was no way you were running out naked and then have someone record your goodies to post on the internet for everyone to laugh at. You screamed at Syn to tell who it really is and what's happening.

Syn told his name and what he was and you were explaining about Scott being your boss and not your lover by it's request. Out of curiosity, you asked about Syn's gender and it replied with 'male'.

And that was how you two met and became friends.

Terrible and unrealistic start, but happily without bad ends.

Weeks have passed and you've grown used to Syn's presence and he loves that you didn't run away given that with common sense, anyone would. It was his friendly nature that drove you to him... or maybe the food. It took a while to be able to get used to his appearance and existence, but you grew into it eventually when Syn has been nothing but nice to you. Although, he does get jealous easily whenever you go out and meet up with some new friends you've made. He also gets territorial about the mansion and refuses to let anyone but you enter the place. Frankly, you preferred it if someone didn't enter your mansion and then called the police—or worse: the government—on Syn and they'll take him away from you.

Now, every time you come home from your new workplace since Scott quit being the boss and the company fell, you see a mass of shadows with shadow arms wearing a pink apron with kitten designs and making you dinner. Though, Syn had no clue how he was able to manifest arms from his shadow form. At first, he could only materialize fake arms with shadow manipulation, but now, he was able to make his own arms. However, the arms were not yet human-like since they had no color—just a black silhouette-like shadow of arms.

How did they appear? Syn thought about it and assumed they appeared when he left the mansion when you were unconscious that day and went to go visit Scott at his house when he looked up your workplace.

At your workplace, he followed Scott home and saw that he was having dinner with his wife and three children.

So, the moment they went to bed, Syn decided to devour their bodies whole. A big hole appeared from his body that looked like a big mouth and he swallowed Scott, the wife, and the three kids whole in their own beds.

Every time a body was in his mouth, he munched on them before swallowing them. God knows where their bodies go after he eats them.

Munch, munch, munch!

If anyone was there, then they could hear the sounds of munching echo throughout the house and the cracking sounds of bone crushing. After squishy sounds were heard, the shadow swallowed. The wife was up at night to get a glass of water in the kitchen, but saw that the door to her eldest child was ajar. She approached it remembering she closed it a while ago and peeked through. Her heart fell as she saw a mass of shadows swallow all three of her children and screamed at the doorway.