The Last Baroness

As the portal glowed, you were surrounded by darkness all around you. The cut on your finger was gone.

"Hey! Are you okay?" A voice that sounded like Syn's echoed in the distance. In that direction, there was a bright light so naturally, you followed it. The light gets brighter as you continue forward so you shielded your eyes from the light with your hand. Where does this lead to? Wherever it is, it's better than being in darkness...

At the end, you saw a nice grassland with flowers and trees. It's a valley? Near the ocean, there is a small cabin in the valley with a small farm behind it. As you approach, you notice a man with green eyes and long green hair tied up in a loose ponytail leaning on the rails on the front porch. You could also see that he's wearing a noble's attire that you would see during the medieval ages. The gentle wind blows his long hair as he adjusts his cuffs.

When he sees you, he brightens up and smiles. If the sun had a smile, you presume it would look just like this: the picture of innocence. He runs from the porch to you and hugs you tight. Who is this?

"You made it! It's me, Syn! I thought it was going to take longer for you to arrive." He says. This man sounded a lot like Syn but sounding more like a human than a shadow. He proceeds to kiss you at the corner of your lips and leads you inside the cabin.

"I'll answer your questions since I got my memory back. Let's go inside for some tea." He holds your hand and leads you to a table with two chairs.

A young Marquis's son was kidnapped from his own manor by an evil witch for a ritual. Why? He was just unfortunate enough to have caught her eye. The Marquis and Marchioness panicked and was furious at the knights who didn't even notice their son's absence. To be fair, they didn't expect a witch to kidnap him.

The young man was unconscious as he was being transported away by horse with the vengeful witch.

The witch then used the man in her ritual as a sacrifice to transform him to a shadow monster to curse the mansion of the Baron and destroy him and his family along with his descendants. Syn, short for Syndicate, was killed by splitting his stomach open and using his blood to draw the circle beneath him.

"Please..." Syn said in a small voice that's already fading, tears rolling down his face.

The witch shook her head and finished him off.

As he subconsciously hurt people, again and again, he vowed that one day, he'll save someone from the curse. Even if it's just one person.

And as curses come to roost—when she died, the evil witch's soul burned in Hell since she sold her soul to a demon to practice and use black magic. Curses aren't meant to be meddled with or dabbed on. She had no descendants and no apprentices. Syn's soul was trapped in this form of a shadow. Every waking moment of his life, he was in the mansion watching the Baron's descendants... and then devouring them later.

Then, you were born.

You were the last descendant of the Baron and Syn had marked you as his mate in hopes he'll save you from this travesty.

With the cost of Syn's sanity, he did the best he could to stop this.

Unfortunately, there was no other way to break the curse other than to kill your body but bring your soul here in this strange unknown realm. Your body and Syn's real body lie dead on the ground in the mansion, right next to each other. Syn was holding you in a protective embrace and you were cuddling him as of you died peacefully.

"If you died without me bringing you to this artificial world I created, you would have burned in Hell like your ancestors. I'm sorry... It was the only way."

You looked at him with fear and confusion in your eyes. Your soul was to stay here for eternity. If your soul ever left this place made by Syn, you'd get dragged to Hell like the others. Your heartbeat quickened and you began to sob. This wasn't the life you wanted, but you're not mad at Syn. It was probably just pure luck that you stepped onto the circle with your blood. Syn sees you cry and sits next to you, comforting you with his hugs.

Deep down inside, Syn is heartbroken seeing you like this and on the other hand, Syn feels butterflies in his stomach knowing both of you are going to be here together for the rest of eternity. Whatever these feelings were, Syn felt like as if there was another side to him that he didn't know. A side far more sinister, but he tries to suppress it. If Syn left this place as well, he could get dragged to Hell since he was used as a sacrifice and so will you since you've been cursed since your birth without your knowledge.

And the evil witch is getting her just desserts in Hell, which somewhat relieves you since she's getting what she deserves. But at what cost?

Out of twisted love, Syn stays for you and out of fear, you stayed here.

Syn smiles at this thought. On the outside, he looks at peace. On the inside, he feels like a raging fire.

Deep down, Syn wants to touch you and comfort you... Just a little...but he wants you to feel more comfortable here first. After all, you both have eternity to love each other. You'll open up to him soon.

And he'll devour you every night.

Just the two of you...

Alone...

Here...

For eternity...

A subtle deep chuckle can be heard from Syn.

---

From the author: Thanks for sticking through to the end! <3

Sorry if the ending was a bit abrupt. I was racking my brain to try to have a good ending or make the story longer, but I felt the end was coming. I couldn't think of having a happy ending in the situation and I even thought of killing the reader, but I think the worst but also best fate is to stay together for ALL ETERNITY :))))))))

Feel free to read my other older works or you can wait for new ones :)