Prologue

Orihime POV

I was walking down the street when I heard a child crying, I ran over to where I heard the child. 'Who would leave their child alone out in the snow like this?!' I thought as I ran around the corner and saw a little boy crying and bleeding onto the freshly fallen snow, "Are you alright?!" I asked as I held my umbrella over him, "Where are your parents?" I asked, he just continued to cry, "Hey I need you to be a big boy for me ok." I said as I wiped away his tears, "Here can you hold this for me for a bit?" I asked, he nodded and held the umbrella for me while I tied my handkerchief around his wound, "There all better." I said, "Now where are your parents?" I asked, he just looked down at his feet, "Please tell me you have parents!" I said, he shook his head sadly, "That's so sad!" I said, suddenly his stomach started growling, "Wanna come home with me? I'll make you something to eat and a warm place to sleep." I said as I held out my hand, he took my hand, "My name's Orihime Inoue, what's your name?" I asked, "(y/n)." He said softly, "Can you tell me how old you are (y/n)?" I asked sweetly, he held up three fingers, "Ok well let's go home." I said.

"Here we are, I live alone so no one will yell at me for bringing you home." I said as I helped him take his shoes off, "I'll go get dinner started, and I'll see if I have anything for you to draw on and I'll bring out some snacks." I said.

I brought out some crayons, paper, cookies, and juice for (y/n), "Ok I'll come check on you in a few minutes." I said as I walked into the kitchen. Almost as soon as I left him (y/n) came running into the kitchen after me and hugged my leg, "What's wrong (y/n)?" I asked as I rubbed his head, "Scared." He said, "Why are you scared? I promise nothing will happen to you." I said, "Why don't you go draw a picture until dinner is ready alright." I said, he nodded and went back into the living room.

About twenty minutes later we sat down to eat dinner together. (y/n) ate very quickly, "I hope you like it, I tried to make something that little kids would like, but I ended up making my favorite dish from when I was little." I said as he looked up at me from his food, he had a bit of a mess around his mouth, I couldn't help but laugh a bit, "Come here for a sec." I said as he scooted over to me, I wiped his mouth, "There." I said.

"Ok (y/n) it's bath time." I said, "I'm going to wash your clothes for you and then I'll come help you with your bath." I said as I filled up the tub for him, "Just splash around in the tub until I come back alright." I said as I sat him in the tub.

After his bath (y/n) and I went to bed.

"Good morning (y/n). Did you sleep well?" I asked, "Morning Mama." (y/n) said sweetly, "Did you just call me Mama?" I asked, "I...I'M TOO YOUNG TO BE A MOTHER! But on the other hand, you're adorable, NO I'M ONLY SIXTEEN! Oh well, I could think of worse things than having a kid." I said.