Arthur Shelby

Arthur Shelby was the love of your life

Arthur Shelby was the love of your life. You had been bestfriends since you were kids but as you grew up together, your feelings for one another grew as well. By 22, Arthur had proposed knowing that he wouldn't be able to live without you by his side. You wanted the wedding to be small and intimate with only close friends and family but of course, Arthur went all out. "Only the best for my girl" he told you when asked him about it. The Shelby family was your only family. Your real family had abandoned you at a young age, you were on your own until the Shelby's came along.

Your life was perfect. You had the perfect job,  perfect friends, a perfect family and the perfect husband. Of course you worried about Arthur and the other boys because their line of work was dangerous but you knew they could handle themselves. The only thing you were missing was a child, but not for long. You knew that Arthur had wanted a child for a while and you had both tried for ages until you were finally pregnant. The look on your husband's face when you had told him brought tears to your eyes. Your life was perfect and nothing could ruin that.
<><><><>
"I'll tell them about their brave Uncle John, they'll grow up knowing all about your crazy antics. I love you John boy" you whispered to the grave stone before standing up. You jinxed it. You had told everyone that nothing could ruin your life but god wanted to prove you wrong by taking away your bestfriend and breaking up your family. Arthur was destroyed, you knew that he was closest with John and having him lose John broke him. The only thing that was keeping him going was the child that you were carrying but you didn't have the heart to tell him. You kept it a secret for weeks, pretending to Arthur that the baby in your stomach was healthy when in reality, it was no more. A few days after johns death, you had lost the baby. Polly said it was due to stress and over exerting yourself, you made her swear that she wouldn't tell Arthur.

"Arthur, I need to speak with you darling" you told him softly as you returned home. Arthur sat down and offered you a sad smile as you sat opposite him with your hand on his knee.

"Arthur.." your voice broke and you tried your best to hold back the tears "I'm so sorry"

"Sorry about what? Sweetheart, what's happened?" Arthur asked frantically, his eyes searching your face for any signs of an answer.

"The baby...it's..it's gone" your head dropped and your tears fell. You felt Arthur stiffen you but no words left his mouth. You looked up to face him, his blue eyes were like swimming pools, his face solemn and blank. You could see that he was trying his best not to cry.

"Arthur!"you called as he stood abruptly and stormed out of the house making sure the door slammed behind him. You feel onto your knees and sobs erupted from your mouth as you were left alone. You had lost your bestfriend, your baby and quite possibly your husband. You were alone once again and you felt like the little five year old that you used to be, crying for a family.