Always With You

~His blue eyes bore into hers as he hung on to every word she sung

~
His blue eyes bore into hers as he hung on to every word she sung. Isabella's voice was as sweet as a nightingale and had everyone in awe. Especially him. Theo loved listening to his mother sing, her voice calmed him no matter the situation. Every night, Theo sat with his mother as she sung him a lullaby. He knew every single word and sung along with her, quietly.
"Tomorrow's adventures will soon begin" she softly finished and looked down at Theo with a soft smile. He quickly returned the hug but soon let go when she erupted into a coughing fit.
Theo's bedroom door opened and Tommy stood in the doorway, his arms outstretched for his wife. Isabella stumbled towards Tommy and fell into his arms, Tommy quickly but carefully carried her out of their son's room.
"Dad?"
"Yes, son?"
"Mum's gonna be okay, ain't she?"
Tommy gave his son a solemn smile and nodded before slowly closing the bedroom door, leaving Theo to stare at the ceiling in the dark.

~

It had been 10 years since Theo had heard his mother's voice, she passed away the night Tommy told him she would be fine.

Things were quiet in the Shelby household, the boys were out working while Tommy was at the graveyard. It was Isabella's birthday but Theo didn't have the heart to visit the grave with his dad. He was 17 but the pain of losing his mother was still fresh, as if it had only happened yesterday.

Theo sat in his room rifling through old pictures of his family. His eyes stopped on a particular picture, it was always his favourite when he was a child. He was sat on Tommy's shoulders as they stood behind his mother pulling funny faces.

"I hope you're proud of me, Mum"

He stared at the picture for a few minutes and the ache in his heart seemed to grow.

"Goodnight, goodnight
It's time now to sleep
The moon's watching over
You and your dreams" he started as he remembered the lullaby she'd sing to him. His favourite moment of any day and he'd never be able to have that moment back.

"Goodnight, goodnight
My sweet little one
Tomorrow your eyes
They will light up the sun"

Theo's voice cracked as a tear fell onto the picture. He choked back a sob as his bedroom door creaked open.

"I miss her so much, Dad" Tommy's heart broke as he watched his son drop his head and wipe away the tears. He sat on the edge of his bed and looked at the photos that lay in front of Theo.

"But goodnight, goodnight
Sweet dreams for now
Drift off to sleep
On your pillow of clouds"
Tommy continued singing the lullaby, Theo's head snapped up and looked at his dad with tear filled eyes.

"But goodnight, goodnightSweet dreams for nowDrift off to sleepOn your pillow of clouds"Tommy continued singing the lullaby, Theo's head snapped up and looked at his dad with tear filled eyes

"Goodnight, goodnight
My sweet little friend
Tomorrow's adventures
They will soon begin
Tomorrow's adventures
Will soon begin"

They sung the rest of the song together, as best as they could while trying to hold back their cries of pain.

Theo fell into his dads arms and sobbed, clinging onto him like he was a child once again.
"It's okay, Son. You'll be okay, she's alway with you, with us. I promise"

~~~~~
HEYYYYY
Omg I feel like I haven't updated in years!!!! I've been so busy with college and family stuff but I'm back and I really hope you enjoy this one. Leave me your thoughts! Ily all❤️