Iron Dad

One day, that's all I ask for. One day of peace and quiet so I could meditate and relax. But training to push my powers isn't something I planned on doing. In fact, it's something I didn't want to do today. Tony insisted that I train so I could get better, stronger, be able to push my abilities the best I can.

I've had my powers since I was born on the planet Azarath. I think I would know the extent of my powers. I might be a demon, but I'm not stupid.

Before the Avengers, I used to be in a team called the Teen Titans. We were a team of heroes that swore to protect the people of Jump City until the final battle with Slade Wilson. We won the battle but...we all thought it would be best to just leave. Every villain we fought: the HIVE, Cinderblock, Mad Mod, the Brotherhood of Evil, they kept coming for us. We fought them. We've beat them but they always come back. As a group, we thought it was best if we leave because we're the reason why Jump City is always in danger. So we left. All my friends, my family, gone. The life I thought I could live, gone. And I wasn't myself after.

I've traveled from city to city. Planet to planet. I even went back to Azarath because I didn't know where to go. I stayed on my planet for a good two years and I've always felt like something was missing. Part of me knew it was 'cause it wasn't Earth but I've tried so hard to convince myself that it wasn't. So I went back to Earth and tried to find my place for a good year. Then I met Tony Stark. He found me and asked me to help him stop a man named Ivan Vanko. That's when I realized that I missed saving people. I missed the thrill I get helping someone when they need it. I missed getting a call when someone is in trouble. I wanted to find a place where I could get a fresh start and that's when Tony offered me a place to stay.

Two years later, that's when the Avengers were formed. Tony, me, Steve, Natasha, Banner, Clint, and Thor had to stop Loki - Thor's brother - and the Chitauri. For some reason, Cap was always looking at me. I got annoyed at first and almost slapped him but Tony told me to brush it off. Something about him being frozen so he hasn't seen a real demon. So I followed his advice and brushed it off. Somehow Steve and I became close friends, which is weird. I don't know who's more innocent him or Starfire?

And it's been two years since the attack on New York. So it's been seven years since the Titans split, four years since I lived with Tony, and two years since I've been part of the Avengers.

Now, I regret going on a morning run with Steve. I wouldn't run. I would read. Steve understands that I like the calm and quiet. Not Tony. He wakes me up at 6 in the morning and has me training. First, it was to see how fast I can fly. We raced around New York and he won by throwing one of his beams at me and saying I was supposed to be ready for anything. Second, he wanted to see how well I can control my emotions. That's part we skipped because I threatened him with my mirror that portals me into my mind. Third, which is what we're doing right now, is how well I could handle my soul-self.

I could feel Tony's eyes on me through the two-way mirror while he spoke through my ear piece. "Ok, Raven. I want you to conjure your soul-self."

I rolled my eyes. "You know I could only summon it for a good five minutes."

"Because you never really pushed yourself past your limits. Remember, you were only able to do this for thirty seconds." I crossed my arms. "I can wait all day. I've cleared my schedule just in case you started to get stubborn."

"And what makes you think I won't hypnotize you again?" I asked with my brow raised.

"Because you love and enjoy my company." Tony paused for a minute. "And because we agreed that you wouldn't make me believe I was on a unicorn again." A small grin came on my face remembering Tony yelling I'm on a freaking unicorn. "Stop thinking about it, Rae Rae."

"At least it got me to smile."

"Yes, you're first smile and I know you're only distracting me so you wouldn't do it." I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me."

"Sure thing, Iron Dad," I replied sarcastically.

I stood up straighter as I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath and focused all my energy. I could feel my cape flowing back as I crossed my arms. My soul-self wanted to come out so I released it. My eyes turned white as the dark energy formed around me. When I brought my arms down, the dark energy began to shift into a raven as it consumes my body. My soul-self started to lift me up and fly around the room. I went through the walls and teleported through the ground.

"Four minutes in," Tony said.

An idea formed into my head. My soul-self flew around the room until I teleported to the otherside and dropped behind Tony. Tony's brows furrowed when he didn't find me.

"Uh, Raven," Tony called. I placed my hands on my hips as he looked through the mirror. "Rae Rae."

"Can I go now?" I asked.

Tony jumped a bit. "Geez, let me know when you're going to do that." He looked at his watch. "I guess that's enough training for today."

"Good."

I started to walk but my head started to hurt. I groaned and shut my eyes while my hand went towards me head. The pounding and ringing grew louder as I stumbled forward. Tony grabbed me and helped me balanced myself as the headache went away.

"You ok?" he asked worryingly.

I nodded as I gave him a pointed look. "Yeah. I just overdid it."

"You did go ten minutes. I forgot how bad these headaches get. At least this one isn't as worst as the others."

"I know." I looked at my communicator and saw the time. "I need to go."

"No, what you need is rest," Tony said.

I sighed. "Tony, I'm fine."

Tony knew he shouldn't argue with me. "Fine. Let me make you some Herbal tea before you leave."

I raised my brow. "You mean, Happy will make me some tea?"

Tony nodded as he wrapped his arm around me while we walked out. "Sure. Let's go with that."

》》》》

A/N: Finally, chapter one is up. I'm still trying to figure out how this story should go so it might be slow updates for a while.