Cap's Museum

I know, I shouldn't have left Tony's quick. But I couldn't take it with the training. It's been nonstop training for the morning then we have to go to one of his business meetings in the afternoon. They all end up with a huge celebration which I'm not really in the mood for. I just want to read, meditate, and relax. That's why I wanted to leave. Tony thought I should leave and take a break but I'm not just taking a break. I'm actually heading over to Steve's because he understands the kind of person I am. He told me his place is always open in case Tony ever drives me crazy.

I created a small portal in front of Steve's door and walked through it. I'm greeted with quiet. I sighed in relief as I pulled my hood down. I heard a small creak from the left before something started to swing. I felt my eyes glow as I felt my hand out. My dark magic engulfing the fist that was about to fit my face before I used my other hand to push the attacker back towards the wall. I furrowed my brows as I see Steve wrapped up in the dark madder.

"Really?" I asked annoyingly as I lowered my hand.

Steve dropped to the ground. "Sorry, I forgot you were the only one who doesn't knock."

"Thought I didn't need to." I walked over to the couch. "It's not like you ever have company over." Steve raised his brow at me as I sat down. "Besides me."

Steve sighed as he sat on the seat across. "We could have used you last night."

"Well, I'm not really Fury's favorite person." Ever since we first met, Fury never really liked me around SHIELD. That hasn't stopped me though from popping in and out whenever I want to. Fury did get annoyed when I found out about his Project Insight. At this point, I'm not looking for his acceptance. Does Fury even like anyone? I mean, he told me that he lost his eye trusting someone. If you ask me, it looks like he got scratched by a cat. I noticed Steve's fist-clenching as I could feel his anger. "What's wrong?"

"What makes you think something's wrong?" Steve asked.

I gave him a deadpanned look. "I could feel the anger off you in waves. And this can't be with Natasha trying to set you up with every chick in SHIELD."

She even told me to ask him out and I flat out said no. Steve and I are just friends. I had a complicated relationship before and look how that turned out.

"I was sent on a mission to save some hostages. Just them. But Fury sent Natasha to extract SHIELD's intelligence from the ship onto a USB drive."

"So Fury lied to you," I concluded. Steve nodded. "At this point, who cares. Fury doesn't trust anyone that's not in his inner circle. And you can't really be mad at Nat for following his orders. It ruined your mission, so what? It won't be the first time Fury does something like this to you. Might as well get used to it."

Steve sighed as he pulled out his little notebook. "I'll make sure to write that down."

I rolled my eyes as I got up and grabbed the notebook from him. "I get that you were frozen in time so everything is new to you but there are things you can do to catch up. Go read a book if you're wondering what happened since you were frozen. Do what Tony does and go out. I'm not even talking about dates. Just grab a few of your friends and have fun."

Then Steve's face went blank. The lost look he had behind his eyes. I sighed as I went over to his room and grabbed his shirt and hat. I went back to the living room and threw the items on him. Steve broke out of his little trance and gave me a confused look.

I crossed my arms. "Get ready. We're heading out."

Steve gave me a confused look as he looked at the hat and jacket. "Why do I have to wear these?"