Escape

I was flying over Steve as we try to run out of SHIELD Headquarters. Every guard, every agent, that came after us I had to use my magic to toss them aside. Or levitate their weapons out of their hands before knocking them out with it.

Steve just got on his motorcycle when a few men from Strike Force began shooting at us. I landed and held my hands up to create a barrier around us.

"Think you can cover me?" Steve asked as he revved his engine.

I nodded as I flew up again, not dropping the barrier. "Yeah."

Steve revved the engine one more time before he drove out. I flew above him while more bullets bounced off the barrier. More men lined up towards the exit with their guns at us. My teeth grit together as I brought one of my arms back before thrusting it forward. A small opening came out from the barrier so my dark beam could be launched. It struck the agents and blasted all of them away from us.

"Now that's what I call a strike," Steve said with no doubt a smile on his face.

I rolled my eyes as I dropped the barrier. Steve and I made it out of the parking lot. One of the jets soon flew in front of us to seal off our only exit.

"What would you like to call that?" I asked flatly.

Steve sighed. "Final boss?"

If I wasn't flying right now, trying to outrun Shield, then I would have hit Steve on his head.

"Stand down," the pilot warned us as their machine guns popped out. "Stand down." Steve and I didn't slow down. I flew towards Steve and placed my hands on his shoulders. "I repeat stand down."

The pilot knew we weren't gonna slow down and began firing at us. I create a portal so Steve and I could sink into the ground. Once I got close enough, I opened another portal and lifted us. Steve threw his shield as soon as we came out of the portal. Then he let's go of his motorcycle and I tossed him towards the aircraft carrier. Steve pulled his shield out before thrusting it at the engine. He ran off the jet and caught his shield before landing on the ground with that little hero pose everyone seems to be doing.

The jet was spiraling out of control. It was heading towards Steve but I flew in front and conjured up a barrier. The jet crashed into us which caused it to break in half while other parts flew above us. The jet soon exploded as my barrier dropped.

Steve soon grabbed my arm as we continued our escape.

》》》》

I had to ditch my cloak and replace it with a purple hoodie. Steve and I had our hoods up as we made it to the hospital to get the flash drive.

"You know this makes us look more suspicious," I stated as we pretty much sped walked through the halls.

"Have any other bright ideas?" he asked as we went straight toward the vending machine. He looked behind to make sure we weren't being followed. "Anything that doesn't involve using your powers?"

I rolled my eyes as we stood in front of the vending machine. Steve stood there confusingly. I looked around to not see the flash drive. "I thought you said you hid it in here?"

"I did," Steve said with a bit of confusion. Then we saw Natasha's reflection looking right at us as she stood behind, chewing her gun. Steve turned and pushed Natasha into a vacant room with me behind. 

He pinned her to the wall. "Where is it?" he demanded.

"Safe," Natasha answered calmly.

"Do better."

"Where did you get it?"

Fury said SHIELD has been compromised. But I doubt Natasha is part of it. "Fury gave it to us," I answered.

Steve snapped his gaze at me. "Raven!"

I gave him a pointed look. "Natasha would have turned us in right now. She has the flash drive and didn't give it to anyone. We're the ones on the run. We're the fugitives, not her. She can be very helpful to us. Be the woman on the inside."

"How?" Steve asked. His glare went back at her. "Do you know what's on the flash drive?"

"I don't know," she answered.

"Stop lying!"

I walked over and pulled Steve away from Natasha as she says, "I only act like I know everything, Rogers."

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?"

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you."

Steve wasn't liking this conversation one bit. "I'm not gonna ask you again."

"She doesn't know, Steve," I stated flatly.

"But I do know who killed Fury," Natasha said.

I turned around and looked at her. "Who?"

"Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones that do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years."

"So he's a ghost story," Steve declared.

"Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me." Natasha pulled her shirt up and showed us the scar that was on the side of her stomach. "Soviet slug, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis."

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now."

I rolled my eyes as Natasha tried to hide a smile. "Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried." She held up the flash drive. "Like you said, he's a ghost story."

I grabbed the flash drive from her and said, "Well, let's find out what the ghost wants." I yanked Steve by the back of his good and started walking out. I looked back to see Natasha just standing there. "You coming?"

She shook her head. "Like you said, I could be the woman on the inside. I'll make sure no one is tracking you." She pulled something out of her pocket and threw it at me. I caught it at ease and looked to see a cell phone. "It's a burner phone. Call once you hook the flash drive to a monitor and toss it. I'll tell you what to do from there. But it'll give you nine minutes before everyone knows where you two are."

I nodded in thanks before Steve and I left.