Prologue

Disclaimer: Miraculous Ladybug does not belong to me, nor do the characters except for OCs and plot. I don't own you either.

No sound.

Quiet.

My world keeps spinning in drastic circles. It's been 10 years since the day I've lost my hearing, but it wasn't that I hated it. It was my fault after all. Ignoring the clear signs of warnings as I ran down the riverbed. Trying to run after a monarch butterfly that I had seen in my grandmother's flower garden.

The smell of the pine, the air rushing my face as I felt my center of gravity change as my foot slipped.

I didn't hear anything but my scream.

After that, I stopped being able to hear. Feeling vibrations and only being able to stare at the area around me, not being able to hear the birds chirp again. Or my mother's song when I was too scared to fall asleep.

It was all my fault.

But it didn't stop me from trying to dream. I may have not been able to hear but speaking was still something I could do well. As my surroundings were muted and I heard my mother's song ring in my ears, my memory grew rapidly than other children along with my other senses of touch and sight. I did manage to hear myself slightly before my hearing got worse.

I sang.

I danced.

I drew.

I did everything I could to express myself and my emotions. Some more difficult than others being as though you needed to hear the right notes or beats, I didn't let that try and stop me. My mother and father still worry that if I'm left alone for a long period of time that I would do something to my condition worse than it already was. But I was an explorer and I wanted to do things no one dared to do. Call it insecurity, or a tiny voice telling others in the back of their head that they cannot do it.

I'm deaf, I can't hear those voices anyways. So why let them bother me at all? They don't.

"(Y/n)?" A head poked through the grand door of the private library. A small child looked around the room and stepped into the room in awe by the large arrangement of books and how they towered over them. Hearing a small sneeze from a short distance the child turned and saw a taller boy rub his nose.

"Did you find her yet Georgie? Sorry If I scared you. It's really dusty in here." The taller boy responds looking around and sniffing the air to try and clear his nose.

"NO! I wasn't scared Hill! And I think she's in here, she usually likes coming in here." Georgie responds with a huff and starts to maneuver their way through the aisles of bookshelves.

"Yeah sure, we have to make sure we leave on time. Our trip to Paris is going to be a long one."

They both heard the soft humming of a very familiar tune as they looked at each other and gave a soft smile. Turning the last corner, the windows were tall and illuminated the entire study area. There was just but one person sitting at one of the tables and closest to the window.

An open book lay on the table as a small butterfly creature sleeps on one side of the book, their head is being softly patted by a girl looking out the window is humming a gentle tune, unaware of the two figures that entered the study.

"(Y/n)! Moni!" Georgie runs over but starts to stomp and decreasing his speed not to scare the girl. The girl looks up feeling the incoming vibrations and stops humming. The girl smiles seeing the small raven child, his bright heterochromia green and blue eyes. She gives a small wave and a hand gesture saying a simple 'hello' to the boy. She then sees Hill and gives him a wave but then asked with her hands if it was time to leave.