Chapter 5

Narrator's POV

"Camila Cabello has a new boo?! The singer was spotted showing heavy PDA with novelist Y/N Y/L/N..."

"Pop singer Camila Cabello kissing a GIRL?! Twitter is having mixed feelings about it."

"New couple alert! Camila Cabello was spotted kissing new girlfriend, Y/N Y/L/N, and they're the cutest ever."

"Who is Camila Cabello's new girlfriend? Here's everything you need to know about best-selling author Y/N Y/L/N."

"Everybody is freaking out over the pictures of Camila Cabello and best-selling author, Y/N Y/L/N, making out on the beach..."

Dinah read the tabloid headlines out loud as Y/N just ignored her and tried to focus on the movie instead.

"Dude, you're literally still the number one on every trending list," the blonde commented. Whether it was Google or Twitter or even Youtube, the novelist's name stayed on top of the list.

Y/N rolled her eyes at that. "I know."

Her phone had been blowing up since she landed back in Miami after her trip, and that was already a week ago. Her phone hasn't stopped getting a shit of notifications for a whole damn week, it was literally getting to the point where the server would crash because she was just receiving too much at the same time.

"Don't you, like, you know, need to have to chat with Camila and your managers or something?"

It was obvious that it was needed, but Y/N has been avoiding everything the moment her name started blowing, and so she's also avoided all of Jackie's calls and text messages. Her manager probably isn't too happy with that.

The novelist didn't answer the question, so Dinah pushed it a little. "Are you scared?"

Y/N, again, didn't respond but finally turned to look at her friend. The look in her eyes answered yes for her.

It wasn't that big of a surprise actually. The anxiety was basically radiating off of the novelist, and Dinah really isn't that oblivious to not notice that. But then again, she really needs to face it sometime. The sooner probably the better.

"You're 21, not 12. You can't just block out your responsibilities like this," she added.

"Dinah..." Y/N whined out. She was trying so hard to pretend that everything was normal, but her friend wasn't helping her with that by being so rational.

"Y/N..." the blonde mocked her at the same tone. 

Y/N groaned out loud and just grabbed a cushion to cover her face. "I didn't sign up for this. Can't you take my place or something? I don't wanna do this anymore."

"Oh, don't be such a baby. You'll survive."

That didn't get her much attention, so she just leaned over to the other girl, yanked the pillow away from her face and smacked the top of the novelist's head with it.

"Think of the bigger picture," Dinah tried to reason again. "You get to put your name out there for everybody to know, your sales will revive back from death, and then you'll finally be able to pay off your debts and help your little sister with college too."

That only made Y/N pout at her. The novelist just really really really hated to be the center of all the attention. She'd just rather be blend in a crowd and have nobody recognize her than... this.

That is also one of the reasons why she likes parties so much: there was no way for her to be distinguished from any of the other party-goers, she'd basically become one with the crowd. She can let go of herself and doesn't have to feel the need to worry about any of her responsibilities. It was like an escape from everything.