Chapter 9

Narrator's POV

"Can you quit being an asshole?"

"I'm being an asshole?" Camila repeated with a ridiculed laugh. "Look who's talking here?"

Y/N pinched her temple as she stalked to the other side of the room. "Dude, what's your sudden problem? I flew all the way from LA to here, the least you can do is be nice."

They were currently in a random hotel in the UK. The novelist stepped off the plane not too long ago and let's say they haven't stopped arguing since then. It almost feels like even just them breathing the same air is able to annoy the shit out of each other.

"Oh, come on," Camila scoffed before crossing her arms and leaning back against the wall. "Don't act like it was that much of a sacrifice for you. You had a free plane ticket for business class and there were drivers to pick you up and shit. All you had to do was go through security check and step on that plane."

Now it was Y/N's turn to let out a scoff. "My time is precious too."

"You're not doing this shit only for me. Don't pretend dating me hasn't planted you a lot of interviews with radio stations and a major boost in publicity."

The novelist stalked her way back to Camila in complete annoyance. "You just need this as much as I need it. If it wasn't for me, you would've been slammed for queerbaiting and your music wouldn't be getting as much attention as it does now either," she fired back. "You have to remember you had a four-year hiatus. People only start to recognize your name again because it's constantly on the media that our relationship is stirring up."

"Oh wow, do I need to thank you for that?" Camila asked sarcastically.

"I mean, I would take it," the younger girl said with a shrug.

The singer pushed herself off the wall and closed the distance between them till they were standing head to head. "How are you such a dick?"

Y/N cocked up her eyebrows and tilted her head to one side. "Yeah, and you're a bitch. What even is the matter with you?"

So it's been a little while since the Lauren drama went down, and yeah... her relationship with Camila only went downhill after that. In front of the cameras, they seem fine. Maybe the brunette looks a little pissed in some pictures, but it wasn't that big of a deal. But behind the cameras, basically everything the novelist was doing and saying, whatever it might be, Camila would just get mad and annoyed with her and just flip. It was getting pretty hard for Y/N to be present in the same room as Camila without feeling attacked. 

This wasn't the first time they're having a "conversation" like this either, but this might actually be the worst one yet.

Camila pressed an accusing finger on the novelist's shoulder. "Lauren came to me the other day and guess what she told me? You knew she liked you but instead of telling her about this PR or just simply stop fucking with her feelings even earlier than that, you strung her along for months."

Y/N took a step back and swatted the singer's finger away from her. "That is her and I's business. Why even would that bother you?"

"You really don't think you're doing anything wrong, are you?"

"I'm just saying, how I live my life is none of your business." The Y/E/C-eyed girl threw her arms out to emphasize her point. "Bro, it's not like we're really dating. I can do whatever the fuck I want in my private life."

Camila ran a frustrated hand through her hair and really had to stop herself from yanking it out of her scalp. "It is my business too because you're fucking sabotaging the PR with it."