Chapter 6

Narrator's POV

You'd really think Y/N would immediately do something with the Lauren situation. Cause, you know, that girl really thought they were on the same page with everything, and now suddenly the entire world knows her lover as the girl who's dating Camila Cabello.

So yeah, the model really deserved some explanation. But did Y/N bother to give her one... eh, not really.

Right now, she's just trying to focus on her "date" with Camila. And even though she doesn't exactly need a full week to mentally prepare herself for it, she just liked to use that as an excuse.

And that week went by a lot faster than she wanted it to go.

And now currently, she's standing like a deer in headlights in the middle of the airport, phone in her hand. Someone from Camila's team was supposed to pick her up, and welp, that doesn't really seem like the case.

She anxiously dialed up Roger's number as she glanced around at the people around her. 

There were like approximately 20 people in her view, so that was really surprising. It made her feel even more out of place though. Little did she know that they purposefully booked her flight so that she'll be arriving at the least busy hour of the day. 

"Yes?"

"Roger, where are your people? I'm waiting at the gate right now."

"Camila was supposed to pick you up. Just text her."

And the call just ended like that.

Okay, so she's definitely not really on his good side.

The novelist looked around her again to double-check her surroundings, but nope. I mean, if a superstar was somewhere at this airport, there surely would be a crowd of screaming fans around them, and that's nowhere in sight, so yeah nope. No Camila around here either. 

She hesitated a bit before she tapped on the singer's contact name and texted her asking where she is. 

The reply came almost right away.

Cabello: i'm just waiting for someone to leave rn so i can park this car

She would've gone outside to meet her up, but to not much surprise, the singer told her to just stay put because they've arranged some paps to snap pics of her picking her up. 

About 10 minutes later, Camila appeared in front of her in a disguise. It was literally some hoodie and a pair of sunglasses. Upon seeing Y/N, she immediately jumped in her arms, koala-hugging her.

The novelist stumbled back a little by the force but was quick to place a hand under Camila's thigh to sorta steady them.

"Well, hello to you too."

Not even a second later, two paparazzi joined them too and took some pictures of this oh-so-sweet reuniting moment. 

Camila jumped away from her girlfriend's embrace and almost went straight in for a kiss. 

Keyword: almost.

On the second thought, the novelist wasn't used to this whole PR thing yet, so maybe it's better to discuss the affection things first before she triggers some reaction that's not pretty for the camera. 

She still settled for a peck on Y/N's cheek before she took her hand and started leading her towards her car. "So... how was the flight?"

"It was... long, but it was alright." Yeah, she really had no clue how to describe it.