Serenade

Quinn POV

Me: Wolf, please answer back.

Me: I promise I will not wear it again.

Me: nor wear any similar thing.

Me: And I will not pinch Caleb at all.

Me: Nor touches him, I swear he never touches me.

I sent each message with a one-minute gap, but all the contents are almost the same. Scratching the lining of my brow, it confused me if all the words I type are correct, but what will I do? I'm not good at this.

The feeling of wanting mom consumed me once more, if only she was here. Then it will not be so hard for me. I will have someone to ask whether I'm doing the right thing as a teen, as a girlfriend... as a lover.

A soft deflating sigh pulls out in my lips as I lay the mobile in my bed while I'm sitting on a cross leg and back, leaning against the headboard. Emma on my side is braiding her long hair while singing softly.

"Are we still invited?" She suddenly asks.

The question makes me gaze at my phone. After yesterday's incident, here I am again, sending him a thousand apologies while waiting for him to have some pity and reply. The worst thing is that my mobile keeps on humming the alarm every five minutes, reminding me that tonight is his birthday. We can't come unless he allows me, or I will get another punishment.

I'm wearing my zip neck charcoal polo shirt, tuck in to my knitted cream jeggings while Emma is well-dressed too, just waiting for my sign if we leave or not. My eyes are closed, trying to empty my emotions, for they are killing me.

The beep of my mobile breaks the silence, making my bestie and I bounce on the mattress as I grab my phone. Facing it to us to check the message, Emma's face is jabbing to my cheek while our eyes are on my mobile's screen.

Wolf: How many messages per day, Pumpkin? Don't want to stop?

When I saw the laughing emoji at the end of his message, I knew I was forgiven. My fingers are rattling while tapping so fast on the touch screen, letters are running to form a sentence in the message box.

Me: Nope, even a day, an hour, a minute, or a second. I'm forgiven, right?

Hard breathing is flooding both Emma and me while waiting for his reply. The knock of my heart in my chest is too strong while hoping for a positive reply from him.

My thumbnail jabs my teeth, bites it when the light of my mobile remains down. We fixed our eyes on it, wishing it would blink soon with my Wolf's message. Another beep rose, tingles my muscles as the flash of Aiden's message appeared in the rectangular device.

Wolf: I'll wait for you and Emma here in the house.

The room suddenly masked with our tremendous yells, as we were on a roller-coaster, then dropped precipitously. My mobile falls into the bed as I clip mine and Emma's fingers together and jump repeatedly.

"Oh my god, we need to move," running my fingers on my hair, I speak.

Excitedly, we crawl out of the bed, slide our feet on the shoes waiting on the carpet, and grab Emma's car key on the side table.

"Are you sure your father will not find us?" She boosts her concern while fixing her dress.

"Nope, he is at ease when I'm with you."

I wink before pressing the spray perfume bottle and let the scented liquid bath my whole body. Our giggle sings as we step out of my room.

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---