Shuri. (Part 2)

Morning came and Shuri awoke, the lifeless body of Peter next to her.

"NONONONONO" Shuri didn't want to believe it. Peter was gone... He was never coming back.

Tears cascaded down her cheeks. She pounded on his chest, desperately wanting him to wake up and sat it was all a joke.

"Please..." Shuri grabbed onto his shirt as if it was her lifeline. "Don't leave me..."

The other avengers were watching from their hiding spots, tears dripping down their faces as well.

T'challa took initiative and walked out and went to hug his sister.

"Why is life so unfair! Peter didn't deserve to die! He saved so many people!" Shuri lashed out. T'challa could only hold her as she thrashed her limbs around. Tears were streaming down his face as well but for now, he had to be there for his sister.

"I'm sorry, sometimes life can be a bitch." T'challa comforted, trying to see his sister smile. Watching his younger sibling cry made his heart ache with pain.

*A week later*

At Peter's funeral.

The atmosphere was grim, no one had even a trace of a smile on their face.

They were now lowering Peter's body into the six feet deep hole.

After the ceremony, T'challa went to talk to Shuri privately.

"Are you okay, Shuri?" T'challa knew she wasn't but it was still better to ask.

"I'm fine..." Shuri gave her brother a smile but then it melted away and all the emotions started pouring in. "Actually, no, I'm not."

Tears once again cascaded her face as she buried her face in her hands.

T'challa went over to hold her in his embrace.

"I'm so tired. People keep leaving my life..." It hurt, so bad.

"I'll always be here,

Shuri."