Shuri (Part 3)

Yup. Part 3! Y'all asked for it. I'm also going to make more parts cause it ends every time someone says the word "Shuri" and since it will happen a lot, there's gonna be a lot of parts coming your way... Hopefully.

3 days. 3 full days was how long it had taken Peter to awaken from his "death".

When he first opened his eyes, he wasn't terrified... Just... There. He didn't process it really. He was in a semi conscious state...

And running out of oxygen but we will pretend that doesn't happen so that I can drag on his escape for like... 28243892727 minutes.

It was only when his senses started awakening and his hand suddenly spasmed from the sudden rush of blood and hit the cushioned wood, did he really realise what was going on.

"So Peter... Jeez my voice... Am I dead? Cause I swear death doesn't entail being stuck in a wooden box in its policy." He tried moving around to feel how much space he had.

He felt a cushion underneath him and wood all around him. He tried knocking on the top piece of wood only for the pressure of the soil to minimise the noise.

"So uh... I'm underground..." He determined. He realised what was going on cause, god darn memories take forever to come back.

"HolyMolyTheyThinkImDeadAndBuriedMeAliveHelpImScrewed" He started panicking before realising he had to save his oxygen and taking a deep breath to calm his nerves.

He grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head (I know this sounds funny but it works) to prevent himself from breathing in anymore dirt or getting any dirt in his eyes.

He started kicking the middle of the coffin as it is theoretically the weakest part structurally of the coffin.

He kept kicking until there was a tiny crack and some soil fell through. He pushed the soil to the bottom of the coffin and kept going.

Once he felt the hole was big enough for him, he tried standing up and dug the dirt away from him as he went.

Luckily for him, super human strength meant it was a lot easier. He dug and dug, his makeshift filtration mask keeping dirt away from his face.

Finally he could fully stand up. He was 5'10 which meant he was almost at the surface of the -what he assumed was- 6 foot.

He looked up at the small layer of soil and breathed in before he recked it with his strength. Tons and tons of dirt rained down on him.

He hits the sides and find areas where the soil was solid enough for him to push against. He straightened out his arms on his sides and put his feet against the soil on both sides as well. He ended up semi above the ground.

He climbed and climbed until he was able to get out. He jumped out the ditch and looked around.

(Courtesy of xMDdragonx13, the elderly couple.) An elderly couple were praying and got shocked by his sudden revival. Peter disregarded them tho, he was still very much dazed.

One thing's for sure, he was around where he "died" in Wakanda. Feeling very lost, he decided to run towards the places he remembers such as the huts.

Peter ran and ran and ran. He wasn't looking at where he was going, it wouldn't help him. After all, this was a country alien to him. Sure he spent time there but he never really explored the outskirt areas. All he knew was that the huts meant people and people meant that he would be closer to the main area.

"AH-omphf!" A very much familiar voice yelped after being knocked into by a mess of brown chestnut hair and dirt. A lot of dirt.

"Sorry!" The brown haired boy said from his position on the floor. The other figure, hearing the familiar voice of the mess of brown hair, snapped his head up.

As if they were telepathically connected, the boy's head snapped up as well. Both sets of brown eyes, one slightly lighter and doughier than the other, locked. Bucky.

"Bucky!" and "Peter!" were let out by the two.

Bucky just sat there gasping at the supposedly dead boy. Peter, however, lunged onto Bucky and gave him a tight, warm hug.

"Oh my gosh, we have to get you to Shuri!" That certainly was not what Peter was expecting to hear.

"Why Shuri in particular?" Peter asked. Of all people, he expected Mr. Stark to have been top priority.

"No time, follow me, kiddo." Just as he said that, Bucky got up and sprinted in where the castle presumably was. Peter did as instructed and kept speed with Bucky, albeit slightly sore from his body having not been able to move for quite a while.

Once they arrived, the Dora Milage immediately escorted them to the princesses room. Some had looks of confusion as the boy they were bringing was supposed to be dead. Alas, they knew better than to speak up about it.

They arrived at the door. Peter raised his hand to knock but slightly hesitated. What if something was wrong and that's why Shuri would be top priority. He couldn't stand seeing someone he cared about, hurt.

Nonetheless, he knocked. He got no response which did nothing to soothe the wild thoughts running through his mind. The Dora Milage instructed him to just open the door as a lack of response also concerned them.

So he did, what he saw was not pretty.

There on the bed was a mess of food, hair and electronic gadgets. There was a petite curled up figure -the source of the tangled hair- crying.

The figure, hearing her room door open, looked up. In that instant, Peter's heart broke for his friend. No, his best friend. Her eyes were bloodshot, her body trembling as tears cascaded down her tender cheeks. Her hair, oh her hair, was so messed up, tangled bits and pieces framed her face as the rest was essentially one big basket ball.

"Shuri."