23. Hard Times

Hello guys 👋👋👋

*****

Ragini is about to lay down on bed but frowns finding Laksh nowhere in the room. She looks towards washroom door which is locked from outside. She frowns more. She moves towards balcony and finds him staring at his phone. She could see his eyes teary. She keeps staring him. Her heart pained seeing him like that. She takes deep breath and about to go back but stops hearing his voice.

Laksh: This will be your first birthday without me after my arrival to your world ma. I am missing you so much. I know I deserve this. But its paining alot ma. (He wipes his tear that fell from his eyes). Just few more minutes and it's your birthday. Hope Sanky did all the things we do every year for you. Please don't cry rememebering me. Will try to sort everything soon. Will try to get back my bacha soon and come to you. Love you ma. Sorry for every pain I am giving you.

He kisses the photo in phone. Ragini's eyes turned teary hearing him. He hugs his phone to his heart and let's his tears flow from his eyes. All he wants is to cry out loud hugging his mother. Ask her forgiveness for giving her pain. Ask her forgiveness for making her upset. He takes the pillow that is beside him on the couch and hides his face in it. He cries out loud digging his face more trying to hide his crying sound to come out. Ragini keeps her hand on his mouth and sobs silently. She sees him getting up from the place. She runs to the bed and acts like sleeping.

Laksh moves out of the room. Ragini opens her eyes confused and immediately rushes out to follow him. She gets confused seeing him going to ShekJan room and knocking it.

Shekhar opens the door with sleepy eyes.

Laksh: (chocking voice) Sorry...papa... Can I just speak to ma for five minutes please?

He asks tears rolling his eyes. Shekhar gets worried while Janaki who is looking from inside also gets worried. Shekhar nods yes seeing his devasted state. That's it he runs inside and stands infront of Janaki.

Laksh: Ma... (Chokes) Can I hug you? Please!

Janaki nods as she could see him devasted. He hugs her immediately and cries holding her tight. Janaki let's him cry. Ragini who came there gets teary. She holds Shekhar's hand tight controlling herself. Janaki caressess Laksh's hair while he stops once he felt he is feeling ok. He breaks the hug.

Laksh: (wiping his tears) Sorry for disturbing you at this time ma. Thank you.

He was about to get up but Janaki holds his hand stopping him. He looks at her for one second then looks down. The clock hits twleve making a sound 'Tick'

Laksh: It's ma's birthday today. It is the first time I am away from her. I always do many arrangements surprising her but this year....

He stops as his eyes flow tears again. Janaki caresses his hair. Ragini looks at Shekhar. He nods yes. She moves inside and forwards phone in front of him. Her phone is already dialing to Ap. Laksh looks at it and smiles a little. He moves the phone away from him.

Laksh: A punishment is a punishment. I don't want exceptions in it. But just a help please wish her Happy Birthday on my behalf.

Saying Laksh moves out of the room. The phone got connected and Ap heard him saying those words. She smiles with tears on the otherside.

Ragini: (keeping the phone near her ear) Ma...

Ap: Thank you beta.

Ragini: (with teary smile) Happy Birthday ma.

Ap: Thank you beta. I actually wanted to hear atleast his voice and you fulfilled it without your knowledge. Thank you so much.

Ragini: I am sorry ma.