three

CHAPTER THREE - THE PROPHET OF THE LORD

Night rolled around as they sped down the desolate back road

Night rolled around as they sped down the desolate back road. Thea sat in the backseat of the car with Jack. They had just left that lonesome cabin in the middle of the woods after burning the bodies of the dead. She didn't think anyone could hold so much anguish and hurt as the three men did as they viewed the growing fire. The sight sent shivers down her spine.

She never wanted to witness such a thing again.

Thea stared at the boy as he slept. He looked at peace, serene. She wondered what horrors the newborn was going to encounter. From what she heard back at the station, he was the son of Lucifer; surely, that meant a lot of shit will come to bite him in the ass. She didn't want that for him. Jack didn't seem like a bad person. To her, he wasn't some evil monster looking to destroy the universe. He was just a kid, born in the wrong place, by one of the worst beings imaginable.

"So," spout one of the hunters, "what's your name?"

The lycan looked up at the man with long hair.

"Thea," she said. Thea sat up, leaning in between the two men. She wanted to keep the conversation quiet, so they wouldn't wake Jack. "My name's Thea. You?"

"I'm Sam-" he pointed to the man driving- "and this here, is my brother Dean."

Awkward silence took over, neither one knew what else to say. However, something about their names struck a chord in her. The names were familiar. Sure, they were average, common names, but paired together like that, it didn't sit right with her. Thea went to lean back again when Dean dove into the conversation.

"You said you're a werewolf?"

The brunette nodded, not understanding why he'd ask such a thing. It was pretty obvious what she was.

"Well, no offense, but I've never seen a werewolf with weird, creepy healing abilities."

She saw his grip on the steering wheel tighten, his knuckles turning white. The brunette shot a glance at Sam, but he looked away from her, lips pressed into a straight line.

"So," muttered Dean, "either you're lying or.."

He chuckled coldly.

"Well, you're lying."

"I'm not lying." Dean scoffed, not believing her. Thea cocked a brow. "Well, I mean.. I guess in a way, I'm part coyote?"

"Coyote?" Sam turned to look back at her, beyond confused at her words.

"What do you mean you guess?" Dean's words were sharp, they were also loud.

Thea shushed him, sparing a look back at Jack before replying.

"Well, my dad— he..." She paused at the thought of her father, missing him. "He was a chimera. Genetically engineered. Half-werewolf, half-werecoyote."