seven

CHAPTER SEVEN - THE COMING YEARS

Thea strolled through the bunker halls, keeping an ear open for any sign of her three 'roommates'

Thea strolled through the bunker halls, keeping an ear open for any sign of her three 'roommates'. When she woke up that morning, she was groggy and tired as per usual. And because of the lack of bodies in the enormous labyrinth, there wasn't much noise to begin with. However, since arriving in the bunker, she'd hear at least something to signal that someone was up and about. The silence made her warier than she should've been.

It's been almost two weeks since the hunt with Mia Vallens took place. After that case, the four of them have been cooped up in the bunker, Sam and/or Dean being the only ones to leave the bunker to either go on a hunt or to go on a food run. Throughout the two weeks, the teens grew bored; they'd usually migrate between their bedrooms, the library, and occasionally the kitchen. Jack would scour the internet or watch fantasy movies on his laptop and Thea would scour the bookshelves and read anything she found remotely interesting, which as of late, had anything to do with witchcraft.

Neither teen really talked much, to the Winchesters or to each other. Yet whenever the two found themselves in the same room, they'd just sit together in silence. From time to time, one would comment on what the other was watching or reading, make small conversation about it, then go quiet once more. It wasn't much, but the two found comfort in each other's company.

Slowly, the lycan made her way into the main room which she found empty of any of the men that lived there. All she saw was a small piece of paper and a white box laying on the table. The werewolf hesitantly walked up to the items before relaxing upon seeing the scrawl on the scrap of paper; it was a note from the soft sasquatch.

"Went out on a hunt. Be back in a few days. Thea, here's a phone if you need to call us in case of emergency. -Sam"

The girl grinned as she read, hurriedly opening the box to reveal the new phone. She happily set it up and obtained the earphones at the bottom of the box, inserting them into the cell and proceeding to download some music. With no more worries, she made her way into the kitchen while jamming out to tunes that she'd rarely hear in her universe. Though, some were familiar, due to her mother playing a few of them often when she was a child.

She smiled as a certain song swam through her eardrums, remembering it to be what her mother liked to call 'mommy and daddy's song'. She softly sang along, leaning over to see inside the fridge, unaware of the person standing at the doorway.

"Lay us down, we're-" she sang and turned toward the open room, thinking she were alone only to be startled by a starstruck Jack at the door- "shit!"

Thea stumbled back into the open fridge, surprised by the boy's sudden appearance. Jack smiled brightly at her, tilting his head in slight confusion at her actions. She stammered at his presence, yanking the earbuds out of her ears.

"Jesus, Jack! You scared the shit out of me!"

His smile faltered. "I scare you..?"

"No! I mean-" she quickly shook her head, seeing the distress her exclamation had caused him- "I didn't know you were here— I thought you went out with Sam and Dean— so, I— uh..."