New town, new people

[1760 words]

*Bang!* the front door slammed open and yelling could be heard.
My parents must be home and looks like they got into another argument, which isn't a good sign for me. Everytime they get into an argument, the only thing they can agree on is beating me up.

I got up off my computer and ran into my closet. I have a small room so it was either this or under the bed.
They came into my room and started searching for me

"Brat you might as well come out from hiding" my 'dad' Parker says "you know we're gonna find you anyway."

He was right, but it's not like i'm gonna come out of hiding just so they can beat me up. If i have a chance of hiding and them not finding me, I'mma do it!

One of the closet doors opened and but luckily it seemed as though he didn't see me, but i got my hopes up too soon. The other door was opened and my 'mother', Shelby, was in view.
She grabs me by my hair and throws me out and onto the floor. You could smell the alcohol all through the room.

"You're useless, you know that?!" she yells and kicks me in the ribs

I yelped in pain and grabbed my stomach

"You're the reason we're not happy!" dad yells and kicks me in the head, giving me a really bad headache and messing up my vision.

I was in too much pain that I don't really remember what else they said or really did, all I knew was that they were still beating me. The only thing I remember hearing is my screams and cries before I passed out.
I woke up on the floor in a pile of my own blood. I lay there for awhile trying to regain the strength in my legs. When they came back to life, I got up and went to get cleaned up.
After i got cleaned i got dressed in decent clothes because,, well,,I decided in the shower... I'm running away.
You could see a few of my bruises but not much, if someone saw i could pass it by as an accident. I grab my bag out for underneath my bed and started packing. I packed a crap load of sweatpants like the ones i have on and hoodies. I also grabbed ALL of my band t's. And zipped it up. I look around making sure I didn't forget anything and grabbed my phone, headphones, and what little money I had and walked to my door. I put my ear against the door and listened for my parents. I didn't hear anything so they must be asleep or out of the house. I quietly opened the door and slowly make my way downstairs to the kitchen. No ones home. I unzip my bag and grab food and water and pack them too. After i was ready I heard the car pull up in the drive-way

"Sheit!!" I say and run up to my room with my bag.

I could hear them coming so I did the only thing I knew to do and opened my window and jumped out. It hurt but I grabbed everything and ran south. I didn't know where I was going but I just had to run away from them, I couldn't handle it anymore.

*TIME SKIP TO SOUTH PARK*

I've been walking for a few days now only resting for a few hours at a time and not getting much sleep. But I finally made it to "south park". I was walking around trying to find a place to rest when I saw a park in the distance, perfect! On my way there I saw a little boy running after a butterfly in the road.
"Aww cute" i thought but then i looked ahead and saw a fast car coming "NOT CUTE! NOT CUTE!!" I yelled in my head.

I started running after him. I heard a guy up ahead yell to the kid
"IKE!!"
The kid looked up and froze when he saw the car. The other kid tried running after him too but way a lot farther than me. As the car got closer I dove and grabbed the kid out of the way of the car. As the car drove by you could tell the driver was drunk.
"Urg.. reminds me of my parents.." I say in my head

I look down at the kid.

"You okay hun?" I asked him.

"Y-yep..thank you.."he says