Chapter 2

Mackenzie's POV

We catch up to the guys, and I can't help but smile. I avert my gaze to Kylie, who has a similar look on her face.

"Hey," one of them says. "I'm Tyler and this is Jamie."

"Mackenzie," I say. "And this is my best friend Kylie."

"Whose baby?" Jamie asks.

"Mine, his name is Tripp."

"He's cute," Tyler says, as Tripp wiggles around in the stroller. "Want to go for a walk?"

I exchange looks with Kylie who shrugs.

"Sure, just not too long."

Jamie walks next to Kylie while Tyler walks next to me.

"So," Tyler says. "Tell me about yourself."

"What do you want to know?"

"Whatever you want to tell me," Tyler smiles. I smile back and run a hand through my hair.

"Well, I'm the oldest of three, one younger brother, Jake, who is 7, and a little sister, Harper, who is 5. My mom is a medical assistant and my dad is manages a car dealership."

"Nice. And how'd you end up with Tripp, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Made a bad decision with my ex-boyfriend and he left me as soon as I found out. I wouldn't trade it for the world though, I love Tripp and I love being a mom."

"I'm sure you do, he's adorable by the way."

"Thanks," I laugh. "How about you? What's your family like?"

"Two younger sisters, Cassidy and Candace. Both play hockey, and my parents are divorced. I have a chocolate lab named Marshall who is 3."

I nod my head as we walk, and my phone buzzes in my pocket. I pull it out and unlock it, seeing a new text.

From: Mom
Hey honey, just checking in! How's everything going at school? How's Ky? How's my favorite grandson?

"Who's that?" Tyler asks, motioning to my phone.

"Just my mom checking in."

He nods and stuffs his hands in his pockets as I type a quick reply.

To: Mom
Everything is good (: School is going well, Ky is great and school is going well for her too. Tripp is good as always, cranky at times and growing up way too fast (: Love you, I'll Skype tonight!

I put my phone back in my pocket and realize we've walked quite a ways from the car.

"Want to head back?" Tyler asks, getting Kylie and Jamie's attention.

"Probably," I say, peeking at Tripp. He is sound asleep, sucking on a pacifier and holding onto his stuffed turtle with all his strength.

I turn the stroller around and we walk back quietly, not making much conversation. Once we get back to the car, Tyler helps me get Tripp out of the stroller and into his car seat. I fold up the stroller and put it in the trunk.

"Ready Ty?" Jamie asks.

Tyler nods and pulls me into a quick hug. He hands me his phone, and I type my number in.

"I'll text you,"

Kylie waggles her eyebrows at me as we get in the car, and I slap her arm. She hits me back, with a smirk on her face.

"He so likes you!"

"He does not!" I counter as I back out of our parking spot. "Jamie totally has a thing for you though!"