Chapter 6

Kylie's POV

My alarm scares me awake, but I manage to quickly shut it off so it doesn't wake Tripp.

I roll out of bed and head for the shower. I'm so tired still, and this warm water isn't helping with that at all, but it feels great.

I wrap the towel around me and brush my teeth before sticking my pajamas back on.

I go back into my room to gather my outfit which consists of sweatpants, a t-shirt, and socks that I pull up over the bottom of my sweatpants. It's the easiest and comfiest outfit to change out of and into hockey gear to wear.

I brush my hair, letting it air dry into it's natural wave. Only good thing about this mess on my head I call my hair is it does look pretty natural, not everyone can say that.

On my way downstairs, my phone buzzes in my hand. I glance at the screen. Jamie is calling.

"Good morning." I answer.

"Good morning sunshine." He says. I can't help but laugh.

"You're such a goof."

"I do what I can. Hey, when's a good time to come over?"

"Um, I'm about to make myself some breakfast, but maybe in like half an hour to 40 minutes?"

I reach in the refrigerator, pulling out some eggs, attempting to press the phone to my ear with my shoulder.

"Alright, sounds good. Just text me the address."

"I can do that, might be helpful."

"Could be very helpful."

"Alright, I'll see you when you get here, don't get lost." I joke.

"I'll do my best."

"Okay, see you then." I hang up.

Mackenzie enters the kitchen as I cook up some eggs. She offers to make some toast to go along with the eggs all the while talking about Tripp waking up during the night.

"That's good. What do you have planned to do today?" I ask, setting some eggs down on a plate.

"Well Tyler's coming over in like 20 minutes to spend the day with Tripp and I while you're with Jamie."

I feel the need to say something teasing, especially since she's been having the need to do it to me.

"That sounds fun," I say. "Sure you're just 'hanging out'?"

"Kylie!" She shrieks, a smile on her face.

"What?" I laugh, giving her a little shove. "You'd say the same thing to me."

"Very true." She laughs.

I finish making the eggs while Mackenzie prepares some toast. She gives me the choice between orange juice, apple juice, or milk. Of course, I choose orange juice, I could drink it until it's gone lately. My strange addiction.

She pours some in my glass, applue juice in hers.

We eat breakfast, in practically silence.

"So what are you and Jamie doing again?" She asks as we put the dishes in the dishwasher.

"He's bringing me to my hockey practice, then we'll probably just go back to his place or something."

"That sounds fun! Are you excited?"

"Yeah." I can't help but smile. "I really like being with him Kenz, I'm really crushing on him."

"I'm happy for you! You guys would be a really good pair."