Chapter 5

Mackenzie's POV

My phone buzzes on my nightstand, jolting me awake. I check the monitor and see Tripp still fast asleep in his crib. He had woken up in the middle of the night, so I had rocked him for a bit before putting him in his crib just down the hall. I grab my phone off of the nightstand, pressing the answer button and putting it to my ear.

"Hello?" I smile.

"Hey!" Tyler says. "What are you up to?"

"Well, now that I'm awake, I'm probably gonna go eat."

"Shit, I'm sorry Kenz." Tyler apologizes.

"Its no big deal," I laugh. "What about you?"

"Nothing, just watching TV."

"I have an idea,"

"Oh yeah?" he asks, sounding amused.

"Yeah, why don't you come over today? It's just going to be me and Tripp since Ky is going out with Jamie."

"Sounds good to me!"

"Okay, I'll see you in about 20 minutes?"

"Sure," Tyler laughs.

I hang up and head downstairs, bringing the baby monitor with me. Kylie is making eggs when I walk into the kitchen.

"Morning Ky,"

"Hey Kenz, want some eggs?" she asks.

"Yeah, please. Want me to make some toast?"

Kylie nods and cracks two more eggs into a bowl.

"Tripp isn't up yet?"

"No," I say. "He woke up around 1 am, but went right back to sleep after a few minutes of rocking."

"That's good. What are you going to do today?"

"Tyler's gonna come over in about 20 minutes and spend the day with Tripp and I while you are out with Jamie."

"That sounds fun," Ky says, wiggling her eyebrows at me. "Sure you're just 'hanging out'?"

"Kylie!" I shriek, a smile spreading across my face.

"What?" she laughs, shoving me gently. "You would tell me the same thing."

"Very true," I laugh with her. I check the baby monitor to make sure Tripp is still asleep after our laughing fit, and much to my surprise, he is.

Kylie finishes the eggs while I butter the toast. I take out plates, forks, napkins, and cups, setting them on the table.

"Orange juice, apple juice, or milk?"

"Orange juice please," Ky says, putting the eggs on the plate.

I pour orange juice in her glass and apple juice in mine, before putting both back into the fridge.

We eat pretty much in silence, besides a few comments here and there.

"So what are you and Jamie doing today?" I ask as I help her put the dishes in the dish washer.

"He's going to pick me up and watch my practice. After that, I think we're heading back to his apartment."

"That sounds fun!" I say. "Are you excited?"

"Yeah," Kylie smiles. "I really like hanging out with him Kenz, I think I really like him."

"I'm happy for you," I say. "I think you guys would be amazing together."

"Thanks Kenz, I think so too. What about you and Tyler?"

"I really like him, but most guys don't stick around long when they realize how much responsibility Tripp is and that I can't spend every waking moment with them."