Chapter 1: The Meeting

The meeting was as chaotic as ever. It wasnt like anybody actually expected to get anything done at these meetings of course. The World Meetings were always chaotic. Italy was talking about pasta with Germany, who seemed about ready to shoot himself. Romano, AKA South Italy, was busy punching Spain, who tried to hug him. France and England had been fighting ever since France started insulting England's cooking, saying it was like poison. England retorted just as harshly, screaming about how France was a pervert. Like always, they ended up wrestling eachother, calling eachother colorful names and pulling at eachother's hair. Japan and Hungary simply sat together, reading and discussing their favorite mangas. America had yet to arrive, of course, as he was rarely ever on time for the meetings. Finally, America burst through the thick, mahogany doors in all his burger-loving glory, his Hollywood smile plastered across his face. 

"Don't worry everybody! The hero is here!" America said proudly, slightly panting from running to the UN building. 

"It's about time, wanker!" England snarled, acknowledging America after having punched France in the face. 

"What took you so long, aru?!" Said an equally angry China, who sent a death glare America's way. America suddenly developed an interest in his shoes. 

"W-well... I-" America was cut off by Britain. "Oh, don't even tell me. You were stuffing your face with burgers again weren't you?" England then muttered, 'Stupid git is going to die of a heart attack one day,' under his breath, but America still heard. It was then that everybody took in America's appearance. His eyes were not as bright as they usually were. Where they were expecting shining icy blue orbs, there were slightly dull blues that refused to shine. America's eyes also looked slightly puffy, as if he'd been crying. By now, all of the nations were looking at America, confused or annoyed looks on their face. 

"Mon Cher, what has happened to you?" France cooed. "You look awful!" America looked away sheepishly. 

"Nothing.. It's nothing to worry about." He said quietly.

Canada, America's twin brother, knew that his brother was not okay. What coud be wrong, though? Canada began to ponder the options. His economy? No, that doesnt make sense. America wouldnt cry over that. Sad event in his country? From what Canada had heard, nothing was going on in his brother's country. What could possibly be wrong? 

"America, what's wrong, eh?" Canada asked softly, walking up to his brother. America became nervous. "It's just... It's his birthday today." America said. "Who's?" Canada asked. America was silent for a few moments. 

".....My father's." Canada's eyes grew wide, as did the other country's. Father?! Since when did his brother have a father?! It took Canada a few moments to process this before something came to mind. Wait a minute... 

"Ve~ You have a father, America?" Italy asked, completely fascinated. 

"Nein! It is not possible for us to have biological relationships! We are nations, and it is against our nature!" Germany said, shocked. America suddenly grew tense, a strange dark aura growing around him. He looked at Germany with cold eyes. 

"Well you'll have to deal with it, because he is a father to me whether you like it or not." He said, resolutely. Germany began to grow angry. 

"Don't you dare speak to me in such a-" 

"He'd dead, anyways." The room fell deathly silent. "W-What?" Germany asked, frozen in place. The silence that descended over the room made everyone fidget uneasily. 

"He's dead." America repeated, looking to the floor. "He's been dead for over 200 years." 

Canada gasped. 'I knew it!' he said mentally. "O-oh America, I'm so sorry! I totally forgot about this day!" Canada said sadly, hugging his brother. England suddenly came to realization, too. "Wait a bloody moment! Are you talking about that-" America cut him off. 

"Yes... Today is my father's, George Washington, birthday."

AN: That's the end of part one! Hopefully i shall update soon! Maybe even tomorrow! :) Leave a comment if you enjoyed it!