Chapter 5: The Tour

After the awkward and extremely tense dinner, Alfred decided to take a tour of New York with the general and the other nations. The G8, minus England, decided to come along for the tour of the big city. Washington had seen it all since he watched over America and the country, but he was excited to finally experience with America beside him.

Their first stop was the Empire State Building. Washington spent every moment taking in the beautiful view: colors, lights, buildings, sounds, and even the people below. It was, to him, the most beautiful thing in the world. Never had he imagined the country he helped found becoming so vast and vibrant. 

"So many things have changd since my time.." George said, almost sadly. He couldn't help but think about what the city looked like when he was living there as president.

"Yeah... It has." America murmured, placing a hand on his father's shoulder. The other nations walked around as well, taking pictures of the beautiful sights of the city from the top of the building.

After spendng a while at the Empire State Building, America brought Washington to a special place: The 9/11 Memorial and Museum. The general had stared sadly at the names that were inscibed on the stone surrounding the large fountains. He sighed to himself. 'Such a tragedy. All those poor souls...'

America seemed eerily quiet as well. Eventually, Washington turned to him. 

"Are you alright, lad?" He asked in a fatherly voice. 

"Y-yeah. It's just.... This place always makes me upset. Don't worry about it." America said, eyes looking down at the floor awkwardly. "How about we go and see some museums now?" George requested, wanting to get Alfred's mind off of negative events. His mood brightened quickly.

"Sure! There's one over here, come on." America said, leading George and the other nations towards a small museum down the street.

The museum was dedicated to aviation, something always dear to America's heart. They all got the chance to examine antique photographs, look at model airplanes, and study artifacts from pilots long past. All the while, America was explaining the various exhibits to the group of nations and his general.

The group spent the rest of the day wandering around and visiting memorials, stores, and other famous sites until they ended their night at the Hard Rock Restaurant. They all laughed and joked, and Washington answered many questions that were asked to him. By the end of the meal, it was almost one in the morning, and since there was another meeting tomorrow, the nations.

"Will you still be here tomorrow?" Alfred asked hopefully as they headed back towards the hotel. Washington smiled at him and nodded.

"Yes. I think I will use this time to do some exploring on my own. Visit some other places I'd like to see while you get some rest. You'll see me again soon." He promised. Alfred nodded with relief and gave his father one last hug before hurrying into the hotel building, eager to change into comfier clothes and get some rest.

America lay on his bed that night, staring up at his ceiling and still trying to comprehend all that had taken place. 

'I cant believe how lucky I was today... Imagine how many nations wish they could be reunited with their old leaders and friends. I dont even understand why this able to happen, but i'm just glad it did.' Alfred thought to himself, a small smile crossing his lips before he closed his eyes, and fell into a deep sleep.