Chapter 4: The Dinner

Washington turned to the other nations, who were busy still staring at the pair at the front of the room with shock or happiness. 

"I apologize for the interruption of your meeting," the ghost nodded respectfully at the assembled group. "However, I think you understand my reasonings." He turned his smile back to the beaming boy beside him. 

"How about we go for a walk, my boy?" George asked, one hand moving to rest on Alfred's shoulder. 

"Wait, he can't just leave and do whatever he wants! This is a World meeting! We-" Germany interjected, only to be rudely interrupted by Italy, who was jumping with excitement. 

"Ve~ Can we come!? A nice dinner sounds-a lovely! We can all eat some good pasta! Right Romano?" 

"Shut up, you stupid Bastardo!" Romano growled, his arms crossed irritably. 

"Oh come on, Lovi! Dinner sounds great!" Spain said, throwing his arm across Romano's shoulders. The Italian quickly shoved his elbow into the Spaniard's side, making him wheeze in pain.

"Get off of me, tomato fucker!" Romano screeched. 

"I say Italy and Spain are right! Besides, we never get anything done at these meetings anyway. And, come on, America's dead boss just came back to life! We can't just continue the meeting as if nothing happened!" Denmark cheered. Across the room, Japan was nodding in agreement.

"I agree. We should welcome Mr. Washington-San. It is the polite thing to do." He insisted.

And so, with Italy excitedly leading the way, the nations of the world and their peculiar guest all left the conference room, although England was left reluctantly following behind, currently hating his life. Germany sighed, defeated, and followed after the others, grumbling under his breath.

As they headed through the bustling city, Alfred eagerly used the time to chat Washington's ear off. The man mostly stayed silent, letting Alfred fill him in on his life and all he might have missed. 

Eventually. the nations found themselves in a fancy Italian restaurant in the heart of New York City. Since there were a lot of nations, they all sat in groups at different booths. In one booth sat the G8, with Washington sitting next to America, who was practically clingling onto his arm. For many of the nations, it was incomprehensible how much America was affected by Washington's homered presence and words. He was always excitable, but the old general seemed to bring out a whole new brightness in him. Some thought it was cute and sweet, and others thought he was acting like a child. Wisely, most of the latter group decided it would be best to keep the peace and not bring up their opinion. 

Usually America would never let anybody control him, even his bosses sometimes, and yet he was practically eating at Washington's every word. 

"America, will you please just stop acting like a bloody child?! I swear I-" Britain's retort was interrupted by a surprisingly serious France. 

"Angleterre, leave poor Amerique alone. It is understandable that he would act this way. This is his father figure. It simply shows how much he has missed him, Non? Wouldn't you do the same for your Elizabeth?" France argued disapprovingly.

England scowled at Frace, but made no comment. Washington raised a curious eyebrow, studying the British nation who once claimed him. 

"Are you still upset over that war? It was over 200 years ago, sir. If anybody is acting "childish," it must be you for grudging over it for so long instead of moving on." George said calmly, but with a slight aura of annoyance surrounding him. England sputtered in rage, his face reddening. 

"Don't you dare presume to tell me how I am, you treasonous coward! You and your rebel farmers only won because that perverted Frenchman helped you! Besides, I was his brother for many years! I know more about America than you do!" England yelled. The general's stare got harder, almost becoming a glare. It's iciness made the surrounding nations shift nervously in their seats.

"I have been the lad's father figure for longer than you have been his brother. Alive or not, I was still always there for him. The same cannot be said for yourself. If you knew as much about my son as you say you do, then why would America rebel in the first place? You didn't understand him or his way of life. You wanted to stifle his growth and force him to be more like you than allowing him to be himself. You claimed that you loved him, and yet your love only seemed to go as deep as America's pockets. And yet you wonder why so many others have also left you." Washington huffed.

The booth had grown intensely silent as George finished his argument. England was radiating anger, so much so that even Russia felt a little hesitant. Then, without another word, England got up and stormed off, grumbling something about 'stupid rebels'. Washington sighed and looked over to the other stunned nations. 

"I'm sorry about that." He said with a small smile. China relaxed slightly and spoke up quietly.

"To be honest, sir, I was not expecting someone so reasonable and calm to be the father of somebody so childish and naive. You two are so different, and yet you bond so much. Why is that, aru?" China asked, as the waitress came over to get their drinks. After they ordered, George looked over to China. 

"What nation do you represent? You are China, correct?" He asked curiously. At China's affirmative nod, he continued.

"Well China, I believe that Alfred only seems so 'childish and naive,' as you put it, simply because he is young. Compared to nations such as yourself, I'm surprised that Alfred isn't still in diapers. But what I've come to believe is that since America grew so fast and gained so much power in so little time, he never really got to experience childhood. Where his physical state grew at a rapid pace, his mental state's growth never changed so drastically in acceleration. Therefore, Alfred acts a bit childish. However, I'd also say that he is much smarter than most others would think."

"He was definitely a wild child on the battlefield," he reminisced with a smile, "but I can already see the changes in his behavior. He has grown up so much and has gotten more control of himself." With those last few sentences, Washington smiled fondly at America while Alfred flushed, and proceeded to ruffle America's hair. Alfred laughed as he let the man ruffle his hair softly.

Some nations were glad that America seemed more like himself, his smiles looking more genuine than ever, and some felt happy that he could spend his time with his loved one again. France and Japan sighed happily as they watched the domestic scene, as did Hungary from the booth behind them. 

'Ah, it is like a real, true family!' France thought happily to himself.

A Patriotic Reunion (A Hetalia Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें