This Darkness, It's Not You

"Josie, you have so much power inside of you that needs to come out... you can reach your full potential. All you have to do is let it out" Josie can hear her headmasters voice in her head. After many hours spent in his office, with him mentoring her. She's convinced that she needs to let this power with in out. Yet she is unaware of how dangerous it is for her to let go, with an uncle like hers... who knows what she can turn into.

There was a point in time while Hope studied her best friend from afar; the one that doesn't remember her at all... that Hope realized the affect the new headmaster had on her. She knew that she needed to do something about it and with Josie and Landon on the outs, now seems like the perfect time.

"Why are you following me?" Josie snarls, her eyes filled with hatred for the tribrid. Hope frowns as Josie would have never spoken to her like this if she remembered who Hope was. To Josie, Hope was just another girl who liked Landon. Although Hope didn't like Landon, not anymore. Not after months of seeing Landon and Josie together. 

"I know you don't remember me Josie and that's okay but I am your friend and I will do what ever I can to protect you" Hope says, her eyes full of compassion. Josie's eyes soften for a moment as if it was instinct but she shook it off. 

"I don't need protection and I certainly don't need it from you" Josie says before turning on her heel to walk away. Hope takes hold of Josie's hand and turns her around, she looks Josie in the eye. 

"Please Jo, this headmaster is filling your mind with poison" Hope says, almost pleading. 

"And this is coming from a Mikaelson" Josie spits. Hope drops Josie hand, hurt. There is some regret on Josie's face, yet she chooses to walk away. Lizzie walks up and stops behind Hope. 

"Whatever you're doing Hope, you can't give up" Lizzie says. Hope turns around and faces Lizzie. When Hope saw Lizzie again, they became friends pretty easily... unlike the first time around. "You know before I jumped into Malivore, Josie admitted that she use to have a crush on me" Hope explained. 

"really?" Lizzie wonders. Hope nods. "And what do you feel about her?" 

"I never really thought about it until I saw her with Landon... I mean I was so jealous of them and I thought it was because I was jealous of her but I was actually Jealous of him because he had her" Hope admits. She then lets out a laugh. "To think I was in love with Landon before jumping into that pit" 

"Maybe that could help... the crush... didn't you say that somewhere in someones self conscious is the memory of you"

"Yeah with Landon and his milkshake and your dad and his instincts when fighting with me" Hope explains. 

"Then there has to be something that will spark that emotion back in her, why did she have a crush on you?" Lizzie wonders. 

"I have no idea" 

"Okay no worries, we will come up with something"

*

Hope makes her way to the Old Mill by herself, she knows that this is where Josie will be because she use to spend a lot of her time there when she was little. "Still following me, are you Mikaelson?" Josie questions as she looks up from her book. Hope walks towards her and takes a seat next to her. 

"Josie..." Hope looks her in the eye and then down at her lip. Hope looks away quickly, hoping that Josie didn't notice but she did. Josie places her book down slowly and pays attention to Hope. "Uh... before I jumped in the pit I couldn't stop thinking about what you had said to me a few days before hand. You won't remember but it was really sweet and I can't get it out of my head"

"And what did I say to you?" Josie wonders. Hope takes a small ball out of her bag and places it in Josie's hand. "What's this?"

"This is how you will know I'm telling the truth, it will turn blue if I'm telling the truth and it will turn red if I'm lying" Hope says. The ball lights up blue when she says this. Josie looks at the ball curiously and decides that she wants to test it out. 

"I'm allergic to sea weed" She says and watches the ball turn blue once again. 

"You are?" Hope wonders.

"yes... whatever just continue with what you were going to say" Josie says, trying to keep her tough girl act. 

"You told me that you had a crush on me and I want you to know that I like you too..." Hope says, watching as the ball turns blue once again. Josie's eyes widen as she looks down at the blue ball. She looks up at Hope and finds something some comforting about her, Josie places a hand on Hope's cheek. 

"You do?" She asks with a soft smile. Hope nods. "Why is it that you feel so familiar to me?" 

"Because you're my best friend" Hope says, tears forming in her eyes. 

"and you know that this darkness in you is something that you don't want to come out so don't let it Josie, please." Hope murmurs softly as a tear rolls down her cheek. Josie uses her thumb to wipe away the tear. 

"All I want to do is help people" Josie says softly, the ball continues to shine blue. Hope smiles at her. 

"Good" She says before kissing Josie.