I'm Back Too (Part 1)

"Uh, it feeds on secrets, right? So, let me have it, all of it" I stop when I hear Hope's voice. I notice the monster walking in the door and I know that I have to act fast but I feel myself frozen to the spot. I'm unsure what to do, what spell should I use? Should I restore their memories right away? I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Hope say. "Okay, well I had a crush on Josie for a week when we were fourteen" Hope says. My eyes widen and I'm sure what I have to do but I know that I can't walk in there until the monster is completely distracted.

"Read my lips. The two of you are NEVER happening" Lizzie says. I roll my eyes, my sister will never change.

"Uh Lizzie focus"

I make my way towards the door and when I hear the monster grunt I move into the room. "It's not gonna stop until everyone know the secret I've been keeping from them, that I'm back"

"I'm back to" I say before casting the spell that I have been so afraid to cast all day. But I know in this moment that it is absolutely the right thing to do. If Hope had a crush on me at some point then she obviously meant something to me. The spell blasts through the school and I stare at Hope, the memories enter my mind. All the good ones, the times I'd watch her... admiring her. I liked her. I fall to the ground, unconscious.

The moments after waking up, I had no idea what to do with myself. All these memories coming back to me are overwhelming and I'm not sure how to approach hope and I'm not sure what to say to her. Lizzie walks into our room and jumps onto my bed. "I can't believe you're still in bed" she complains.

"Well, I've only just remembered a girl that apparently I was head over heals for at some point" I state. "And not only that but I basically stole her boyfriend and apparently she liked me at the same time that I liked her"

"You heard what we were saying in the gym?"

"Yeah well it was pretty hard not to when you were both yelling" I say rolling my eyes. I sit up in my bed a look at her. "I'm not sure what to say to her"

"I think you know that I don't approve of you two liking each other whenever you did but maybe just go up to her. Maybe or maybe not apologise for acting like a jealous bitch?" Lizzie says with a small laugh. I think back to how I treated Hope and I can't help but cringe a little.

"Oh god I was such an unreasonably jealous bitch" I say, putting a pillow over my face.

"Yes, you were but I have a strong feeling that she will forgive you"

*

I trail behind Lizzie to meet Hope at a park bench in the middle of mystic falls. Nerves run through me like electricity and I can't even look at Hope when we get to the meeting place. "Okay I've bought you here, now talk" Lizzie says before turning and walking away. I look at Hope who isn't looking at me.

"Landon and I aren't together anymore" I tell her. "As much as I like him, now that I remember you... I can't do that to you. You love him" I explain. She finally looks at me and shakes her head.

"I loved him" Hope says. "But you, you're strong and selfless and you would do anything to make sure that the right thing is done in the end. And I love that about you." Hope explains. "I know you heard what I said in the gym, Lizzie told me" She says. I sit down next to her and place my hand on hers.

"I wish you would have told me"

"It wouldn't have mattered" Hope says with a small smile. "Lizzie wouldn't have ever let it happen and I think that's why I pushed my feelings away"

"What do you feel right now?" I find myself asking.

"Relieved. That you remember me."

"Me too" I say. "I'm glad that I remember you because you have saved my life so many times and you have always been a good friend to me. I'm so sorry I was so horrible to you" I say, feeling the tears form in my eyes. Hope holds onto my hand and leans forward to wipe a tear away.

"I love you Josie. I can never stay mad at you"