Chapter 3 .:. Early New-Leaf

Hailpaw was silent as she and Smokeheather padded through the forest, the snowmelt and melting frost wetting her paws. She stopped as her mentor pricked her ears. The apprentice followed her mentors gaze, and saw two mottled brown toms crouched, both stalking a mouse. They must be Amberdawn and Cloverpaw of PeakClan, Hailpaw realized quickly, unsheathing her claws. She knew them from Gatherings. She felt pity for them, since their clan was starving, but they had no right to hunt on ShineClan territory! It's against the warrior code! Though Sunnystar was technically breaking it yesterday by refusing to help... But the she-cat put the thought into the back of her mind. She had a duty to be loyal to her clan and leader.

     Smokeheather growled lowly in anger, the sound echoing around their current area of the forest. The mouse lifted its head and scuttled off. Amberdawn hissed in fury, glaring at the tabby. Smokeheather just curled her lip.

     " You scared off our prey, you fox-heart! " snarled Cloverpaw. Amberdawn slapped his tail over his mouth, silencing the apprentice. 

     " You both do know you're on PeakClan territory, correct? " stated Amberdawn curtly. Hailpaw stared at them, dumbfounded, as she felt her neck fur rising, and dug her claws into the snowmelt. She saw her mentor flexed her claws, scraping the earth.

     " Are your noses not working, or are you just oblivious to boundaries like rouges?  This is woodland, not a mountainside like your hunting grounds. " Smokeheather meowed, raising her voice. 

     " Well, you should have been quicker and claimed it faster. We need hunting grounds other than the mountains, for there is no prey there. " Amberdawn stated bluntly. Smokeheather rolled her eyes, but the PeakClan tom quickly picked back up what he was saying before the tabby could interrupt, and continued.

     " If there is prey, it is scrawny and won't feed a single elder. Minnowmist is sick, and she needs prey quick. " He finished, but his eyes widened in realization that he had just shared to an enemy that his clan was weak. Smokeheather flicked her ear, a smug look covering her face.

     " We understand that Leaf-bare is a hard season, but its New-Leaf now. Go back to your own hunting grounds, and our two clans shall have no trouble. " she stated. Hailpaw shook her head. Why can't we all just be full fed, and healthy? And he's being ridiculous! They may be desprate, yes, but this spot is half way into our territory!  Hailpaw thought.

     " Never, you mouse-heart! PeakClan, attack! " he screeched as a few bony warriors charged towards the pair. Hailpaw blinked, and in a heartbeat she was tackled by Cloverpaw. He dug his claws into her flesh, making her wince in pain as blood trickled down her legs.

     " You coward! You never spoke a word during our little ' misunderstanding, ' im surprised that you have any ties to our clan at all! " he sneered, and Hailpaw felt her heart start racing. Im half PeakClan? No, he's lying. He wants to make me angry so i'll be reckless! Never! She hissed, and bit his paw. He screeched, and she threw him off. She leaped onto a low hanging branch in a nearby tree. He swung his head around, searching. When he was distracted, she leaped.

     She dug her claws into his back, and bit his ear. He wailed, throwing her off. She tumbled onto the ground, and he held her down. He bit down hard on her shoulder, and she screeched. She took her back paws, and mustered all the strength in her body, and kicked with her back paws. With an earsplitting screech, he tumbled through the grass. The gorge! He'll fall in-  the water is always high in early New-Leaf! Hailpaw raced over, but it was to late. He fell, and plummeted into the cold water.

     Without thinking, she leaped into the river. She desperately fought the icy waves, and pushed against the edges of the narrow gorge. She saw the tom struggling in the water just ahead, and pushed harder. Once she was in reach, she grabbed his scruff. She glanced to the left, and saw Smokeheather and Amberdawn racing along the edge of the gorge.

     " Hailpaw, the crossing tree is up ahead! we'll go on there and haul you both back up! " Smokeheather called. Hailpaw nodded, and continued to try and fight the strong, icy waves as they floated downstream. She saw Smokeheather and Amberdawn ahead on the log, and reached out her paw. She heaved Cloverpaw up to Amberdawn, and Smokeheather tried to pull her up. Hailpaw shrieked in terror as she went under the log, and came out the other side. Smokeheather raced along the side, as Hailpaw tried to swim to the side. She screeched as she plummeted down to what she assumed was her death. She felt a tug, and felt something round and rough. But suddenly, she felt a pain in her head and the world slowly dissolved around her.

and also the hard to read one says ' where hailpaw and cloverpaw fell in' 

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
The Fallen Ones .:. a warriors fanficitonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें