The Past Resurfaces Part 2

The scientific community was stunned by their finding. After all, the faunus' origin was a great mystery. Finding how they appeared on Remnant is a significant breakthrough. Many willingly volunteered to join Oobleck in studying the tomb in the hopes of finding out how they acquired their traits. Some hoped that understanding how they came to be would help end the racism that plagues society.

They decided to keep the tomb's location hidden for the time being as they didn't want anyone unqualified to tamper with the site. However, they made it known to the public and credited Blake for it, much to her embarrassment. Of course, there were mixed reactions, but everyone was intrigued by how the faunus came to be, pressuring the scientists to find more information.

To say that the faunus were joyful was an understatement. They all gathered together in large groups and celebrated for days on end. Even the White Fang stopped terrorizing the public in their celebration. Everyone from all nations enjoyed the peace that it brought.

Meanwhile, in the grimlands, a pale woman sat atop her throne waiting for one of her pawns. She was losing patience. It was estimated to take five days. Today was the eighth, any longer, and she will ask Tyrian to drag him back here.

However, her thoughts were interrupted when the doors opened. A man with a yellow dress shirt, a grey overcoat, and a bushy mustache entered the room with excitement in his eye. She was about to punish the man for being so late but wanted to hear what he had to say first. "Watts, you're late. Care to explain? Give me a good reason not to cut your hand off."

Watts remained unperturbed by the threat. His smile got wider as he relayed his findings to her. "Apologies, my queen, I have recently found out about the origins of the faunus. I got so invested in what was found I lost track of time. This find is affecting the world as we speak."

Salem was surprised. She never found one hint to their sudden appearance on Remnant in all of her years. Remembering that she first saw them around two hundred years after her kingdom fell and lost all that was dear to her. She hated looking back on that day. The hate in her son's eyes as she sealed him away always brought sadness. "You are exempt from your punishment. Now, what did you learn from the scientists? I never knew about their origins. So tell me what you know at the moment."

Watts bristled with pride. "Of course, my queen. They found a tomb containing the bodies of 'the four mothers of the faunus' and a stone statue of the demon-like 'father' who appears to be a demon. They are believed to be husband and wives. In its hands was a strange bellowed instrument with buttons on both sides."

Salem paused in thought, keeping a straight face. 'That sounds familiar to my son's... No, it can't be.' She kept a straight face. "Were the scientists able to find out the names of the bodies? The item you described sounded like it belonged to someone I knew long ago. Also, do you know where the tomb was located?"

"Yes, they have. The man's name was Daren, the women were Arania, Clementine, Lydia, and Sariah. Unfortunately, the scientists didn't reveal the location in fear of the site being tampered with."

Salem's eyes widened a smidge, with Watts too far away to notice. "T-That's enough, Watts. I want you to go and find out as much as you can about those five. Hopefully, there is something useful we can take out of it."

"Of course, my Queen." And with that, the man left, leaving Salem alone in the throne room. As her mind filled with many questions. Two major ones dominated her mind. How did he escape the dungeon without her noticing? She always kept a tab on his presence in the cell. The other was how did they find each other and manage to hide from her many eyes?

Then she thought about how she was related to the faunus. One terrible thought came to her out of the blue, sending a shiver down her spine. She put her face in her hands and cried out: "DEAR OUM, I'M RELATED TO TYRIAN!"